13*

Harry

I sat in my pottery class shaping the clay on my wheel into a bowl. This was my third class and I had begun to really enjoy it. "That looks really good Harry." My new friend Wendy said besides me. She was a very friendly woman who had just gotten divorced and wanted to try new things like myself. We both signed up for pottery and painting.

"Thank you, Wendy, it's nowhere near as good as yours." I heard someone clear their throat. I looked over and saw Mitch, the only other guy in the class. "Your's looks good too mate."

"Thank you, I am amazing aren't I." We all laughed and continued our bowls.

"So Harry how's the girl, what's her name again?" I smiled.

"Marlene, she's fine, I see her at work every day and we're good. I really want to invite her over for dinner at my new apartment." She smiled.

"I like food," Mitch said besides me. "You should have a house warming party and invite me to eat." We both laughed.

"That's an idea, how about Friday at seven, Wendy?" She nodded. "Alright, now I just need to invite more people."

After my small freak out, Marlene and I had a talk, we decided to hold back on being in a relationship yet. She and I saw each other at work and during the weekend we hung out. It had only been a few weeks and I was beginning to regret not taking her out.

On the other hand, I was enjoying my new found freedom, making a few friends along the way. There was Wendy, Mitch, Terrance and Philly from my painting class. Liam and Louis had become more friendly at work as well. It was as if I had become an entirely new person.

After my pottery class, I was excited because my bowl from my first class was done and dried after it cooked and I painted it. I grabbed it and walked out of the building towards my car, I knew who I wanted to give this too.

I put in her code to get into the building and took the elevator to her door before knocking a few times. The door opened and she stood there smiling. "Hey you, did we have a wine night I forgot about?" She opened the door wider to let me in. I walked inside holding the bowl under my jacket.

"No I brought you something, it's not a vase, but it's close." I pulled it out and she gasped applauding.

"Oh, Harry! It's beautiful, and you made it?" I nodded. "This is the sweetest thing." She set it down and hugged me. "Thank you." Her lips just ever so slightly touched the outer shell of my ear.

"You're welcome, it matches the color of your painting." She turned to the Bob Marley poster and giggled.

"I love it, I think it's big enough to use as a fruit bowl." She picked it up and walked into the kitchen. I noticed she was wearing shorts and a crop top, her legs looked so amazing. I looked away and at the calendar on her refrigerator noticing something.

Tomorrow was Valentine's day.

I saw her taking the fruit from her old bowl and setting it into mine on the center of her table. She put the other bowl in her sink. "You really like it?"

"Yeah it's pretty, but I love that you made it for me even more." I leaned on one of her chairs and sighed.

"Marlene-"

"Harry." She copied my stance.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" She looked at the date and made a face.

"Oh I uh, I have a date tomorrow." I felt my heart crack.

"Oh, okay then-" she suddenly burst out laughing and walked over to hug me.