16*

Harry

I woke up from a nap on my couch with a migraine. Marlene was just setting a cup of hot tea in front of me.

"Hey sleepy head, how are you feeling?" I shrugged feeling a bit under the weather.

It felt like something bad was going to happen, so I stayed home. I couldn't explain the feeling but it was raining hard outside and really windy.

"I need cuddles." Marlene laid beside me. She had been at my house the past few days and even brought Polly with her who enjoyed the spot under my coffee table. I put my head against her chest and had her hold me.

"Oh, my big baby." She kissed my head. "You're so cute and cuddly." My phone began ringing and I groaned. "Calm down." She leaned forward to grab it when she suddenly stopped and gasped.

"What?" I sat up and took the phone to see the caller ID.

Emily.

I had her number saved in case she called. "I should go wait in the room." She stood quickly and walked away.

I answered and held the phone up to my ear. I hadn't heard from her since the ultrasound picture. "Hello?"

"Harry, It's Emily." Hearing her voice was the most unpleasant sound I've ever heard. She must have been almost twenty weeks now.

"Hi, how are you?" I said calmly.

"I'm not- I've been better I suppose. Did you get the photo of the ultrasound?" I sighed. "It's your baby, Harry."

"Yes I'm coming to terms with that, but I'm still going to need a DNA test. How could I trust that it was only Zayn and me?" She didn't say anything.

"Harry I need to come back to the States, I need to stay there with you-"

"No! You are not welcome in my home! I hope you realize the second that baby is born and I find out if it's mine, I'm taking it away from you!"

"Good, save me the burden of having to put it up for adoption! I don't want this, not with someone who doesn't love me!"

"I did love you! I gave you everything Emily! Every single thing you wanted I gave to you! And you used me! You abused me! You cheated and lied!" I began crying.

"Harry! Take me back! We can start over!" She cried, her mood swings were giving me a headache.

"It's too late for that! I've already moved on and I'm happy! I don't want you and all your negativity in my life! I'll be in England in August and believe me, I will find you and take what's mine!" I hung up and threw the phone across the room. It smacked the wall and shattered at the force.

The door opened and Marlene looked terrified at my outburst. She walked out slowly and Polly ran up to her. She picked her up, slowly making her way to sit beside me.

"What do you need me to do?" She asked. I just shrugged laying back on the couch. I needed a do-over button, I needed to go back and leave Emily back in England the first time around.

"I need you to hold me and tell me everything is going to be okay." She set the cat down and told me to sit up. Sitting behind me, she put her arms around my shoulders and kissed my neck.

"You know not everything is going to be alright, but it's not what happens, it's how we let it affect us." She said leaning her head on my shoulder. "Like, for instance, right now we're happy and cute, having really good sex." I chuckled. "But couples fight and have their ups and downs. So my question is, are we going to let that break us up?" I shook my head. "Are you going to let life kick you down when you're so high up?"