24

Harry

"Addison what are you doing here- how did you find me?" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, almost exactly like Emily does.

"I looked you up, it's not important, I'm here to see my grandchild and take him back to England." I gasped.

"Over my dead body! Get off my property!" I turned and watched as Marlene stood aside. "Call the police." She nodded a bit worried.

"Oh Harold there's no need for that, I'm kidding, I came to see him and then I'll leave." She patted my shoulder. "Where is he?" I shook my head.

"No, no you can't see him-"

"I think the money I send you on a monthly bases would differ." I rolled my eyes.

"Your daughter did drugs while pregnant with him. A thousand dollars a month is the least you can do for the hell my son had to get through because your daughter was on heroin!" I heard the car door open and turned to see Marlene get the car seat and walk inside the house.

"I see you've moved on, she's not as pretty as Emily."

"Yes, I moved on I'm not in an abusive relationship with a cheating whore. Believe me, Marlene is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." Perhaps that was too much but I was so mad. Since being with Marlene I've learned to stand up for myself. She always says that words hurt a lot more if you use them right. "The only way you or Emily will ever see him is if you come here and both of you can give me some type of proof that you're both sober until then stay the hell away from us." I turned around and began walking back towards my house.

"I'll see you in court then." She threatened me.

I smirked turning. "Great and I'll show them all the documents of all the drugs that were in his system and how she left him alone at a hospital for two days, I'm sure the court will hand him right back to an addict. Or do you want him after six months? I'm sure they will give him to you, a pill-popping alcoholic." I said sarcastically.

She turned and walked to the car, the man in the front seat opened her door and drove off immediately.

I walked into my house and Marlene sat on the ground changing Oliver. She must have not heard me because she was talking to Ollie when I came into the room. "You look like your daddy, yes you do cutie. I promise no mean lady is going to take you away." He giggled at her and kicked his feet. "Oh, we should put you in a dance class, or maybe soccer, hmm?" I made myself known in the room and she turned to me.

"She left, it's okay." She smiled gently.

"She's going to come back, she'll fight you on this. You need to call a lawyer and his social worker." I nodded knowing I had to fight for him. I went and sat down with him after getting a banana off the counter.

"Let's try eating a banana for lunch Ollie." I felt my chest tighten at the thought of them taking my baby.

*

Later that night after everyone was asleep I lied on my back and stared at the ceiling. I could hear the rain falling again outside so I tried to let the sound put me to sleep, but it was no use.

Marlene rolled over and cuddled into my side. She was still wearing her ring which made me laugh. I slowly tried to take it off her finger but her fist closed and she put it to her chest. "You can't sleep with it on," I told her.

"But Harry gave it to me." She mumbled.

"You love Harry?" She nodded still asleep. I giggled. "You want to give Harry a kiss?" She mumbled something and scooted over to kiss the side of my mouth. "Come on princess, take the ring off while you're sleeping." She shook her head. "It's going to get tangled in your hair."