32*

*This one is for you S.👑*

Marlene

I was upset.

It had been a day and Ollie didn't even let me give him a good night kiss. He just wanted Harry. What had I done to my baby to piss him off? To make matters worse I had to make dinner for my family who had agreed to come over.

I sipped my hot chocolate and sighed, I was not in the mood for this shit today.

Harry came into the kitchen with his phone pressed to his chest. "Love, my sister wants to talk to you." Oh, you mean the sister that thinks I'm a home wrecker? Yeah, no thanks.

"What?"

"She wants to talk to you." He handed me the phone so I quickly chugged the hot chocolate before answering.

"Hello?"

"Marlene it's Gemma, sorry if this is weird but I wanted to personally invite you to come to England for Christmas with the family." My eyes widened. "You are part of our family now and I think it would be lovely if you all came, and I promise this was my idea I haven't told Harry yet because I wanted to know what you thought."

I looked at Harry who seemed to be a bit weirded out that I was talking to his sister. "Of course, I've never been to England and I can tell Harry misses home." His eyes widened.

"Great, well we can't wait to see you guys, we'll talk soon." I agreed, handing him the phone, getting another cup of hot chocolate. He spoke for a minute and then hung up looking at me.

"See we can spend Christmas in England." I nodded sipping my mug. He looked at me and sighed walking over to put his arms around my shoulders. "He's just going through an 'I want my daddy' phase, you go through that all the time." He tried to joke. "It will pass, okay?" I nodded. "Why don't you go try again?" I gave him a quick peck and walked over to Oliver who was crashing his little plastic cars into each other.

I sat down and he looked over at me. "Hi cutie, can mama play?" He looked at me and shook his head. "No?"

"Go go go!" He pouted crossing his arms. I knew it shouldn't affect me the way it did but it did. I stood up and walked back to the kitchen to cook dinner.

"Marlene-"

"Can you get him ready, my parents are almost here?" I stopped him before he tried to be helpful again.

*

I opened the door and the first person I saw was Victoria smiling at me. "Marley!" She ran up and hugged me.

"Vicky, I missed you so much! Oh gosh, your hair is so long now." She nodded. I saw my mom and took a deep breath going up to her and hugging her. She hugged me back and rubbed my back gently. "Hi mom, I missed you."

"I missed you too, you look so beautiful." I laughed awkwardly helping her in. My dad looked a bit stiff when he hugged me and so did Jeffery.

As Harry came in and began saying hi to everyone I pulled Jeff aside. "I'm sorry for not telling you and I know you're still mad at me but I'm having a mental breakdown as we speak because my son won't hug me so if you could just be a little nice that would be appreciated." He looked at me for a few seconds before pulling me in for a hug.

I sighed hugging him back. "I forgive you, and I'm sorry I overreacted-"

"No, I underreacted. I should have told you and I'm sorry but it was nothing personal." He nodded. "Love you."

"Love you, but please never lie to me again." He put his pinky up and I hooked it to his.

"Deal." We walked into the kitchen and I knew I was in for a long conversation with my parents on why we decided to elope. Obviously, they weren't mad enough to deny coming over unless this was their way of kicking me out of the family?