9

Marlene

I woke up early Sunday and began taking the cookies into my car when I noticed Harry walking down the street. "I told you I would pick you up." I walked over to hug him. "It's chilly."

"I needed the walk, fresh air is good for you." He shrugged.

"Well I'm done, I just need to get dressed quickly. My makeup and hair are done so I should be good." He followed me up to my apartment and sat on my couch while I pulled an 'appropriate' dress from the back of my closet. I put on some tights and slipped on the dress that I always struggled with the zipper. I walked out of the room and looked at Harry as he sat on the ground looking through my vinyl collection.

He looked up and I quickly walked over. "Need help?" I nodded. He stood up and walked over to zip up the rest of my dress. I grabbed my shoes and fixed my hair one last time. "You look lovely." He said as he stood there.

"Thanks, you look really good, did you iron this shirt?" He nodded.

"Well steamed it, I have one of those machines, could steam the whole apartment." I smiled at how cute he was. We left my apartment and got in my car driving up North towards where my parents lived. I played some music that Harry sang along to and I couldn't help but wonder how anyone could be so mean to such a ray of sunshine.

"Have you spoken to Emily?" I asked when the song was over.

He sighed. "She's been acting different, like nicer in a way. It's odd because usually, I would be so happy, but now every time she's nice, I just want to scream." He looked out the window and shook his head. "I really don't want to talk about her." He said quietly.

"Okay, can we talk about the fact that it looks like it's going to rain." He looked up at the sky and sighed. "It's what happens when we live in Washington." I shrugged. "You know I like the rain, it's so relaxing."

"It's nice when you can be at home under a blanket with a cup of tea watching your favorite movie." Harry smiled. "What's your favorite movie?" I pouted looking out at the road.

"I don't think I have one, although I like sad movies. You know those movies that make you sob." He chuckled.

"Movies are supposed to make you feel good. I hate scary films, anything about the war, death, just no." He shook his head.

"Do you like Forest Gump?" I asked him.

"Of course." I giggled.

"That movie has war and death." He let out a small laugh.

"You got me there, I think that's my favorite film, maybe I do like sad movies." He looked at me. "That one and the movie 'up'. You know with the old man and the balloons." I nodded and then quickly shook my head.

"The first five minutes make me sob, but it's so beautiful that even after she dies he still tries to keep his promise." I looked over at Harry for a second and he had a soft smile on his face. "Do you cry during that part?" He nodded.

"It's like Bambi." I gasped.

"Yes! God, I love Bambi." We talked the whole way to the church and as we parked I realized we had five minutes to spare.

"So are we sitting in for the church service?" I looked at him shrugging.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, it's about an hour long." He shrugged telling me he didn't mind.

I sighed looking at myself in the mirror one last time before we got out of the car and walked towards the large grass area that had a view of the parking lot where the community yard sale was going on. I walked with Harry to the entrance of the church and he followed close behind.