45

Harry

I sat down on the bench outside of the courtroom with Marlene as she held my hand. I had a feeling of nausea hit me during the trial and I felt uneasy.

"Why are you scared?" I shrugged not knowing the answer to that. "They're going to send her to jail Harry, and everything will be okay." I stood up letting go of her hand.

"No it won't Marlene, she's going to get away with it, I just know she is! The way that lawyer talks and everything I said in there makes no difference. She's gonna get a slap on the wrist and go back to England." Marlene looked down and I could tell I was being a dick again. "I'm sorry I just-"

"I get it." She stopped me. "I know how you feel, but you just have to have faith." I took a seat beside her.

Marlene put her arms around me as we waited for Addison to be sentenced. It was August now, only a week from Oliver's birthday. The trial took a few weeks, but today the jury made their decision.

It had been a rough few weeks with Marlene feeling sick and tired all the time, work, and having to deal with this. I just wanted a normal life with my kids, my wife, and no one bringing us down.

Today's been tough on Marlene and I wish it wasn't. Today was our lost baby's due date, and she had forgotten that she had marked it on her calendar on the fridge. As she switched the calendar into August a few days late, there with a red heart around it, was the words: due date.

She stared at it for a while and sighed, holding her belly. I wish I could take that ache in her heart away, the same way she takes mine away.

"I love you," I promised her. "Nothing in this world can be bad as long as you're by my side." She smiled leaning her head on my shoulder.

Suddenly the door opened and the state attorney walked out and looked in our direction. "Harry, Marlene, the jury made their decision." Our eyes widened and both of us turned to each other following him. I didn't know if the jury making their decision so soon was a good thing or a bad one.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest and my palms getting sweaty. We sat down on the very uncomfortable benches and noticed the jury walking into the room. We had been here a handful of times and I had given each one of the people a name.

The judge looked up and took a piece of paper from a woman and read it. He nodded and then handed back the paper to the woman who stood up in her seat, reading it. "Juror number seven will you please read the verdict." She nodded reading aloud the paper.

"We the jury find the defendant Addison Peterson-"

Flashback ;)

I sat down on the bed beside Emily and reached over to touch her. "Harry my parents are right downstairs, they don't know you're even here." I sighed feeling a bit down.

"You don't tell them I'm here because you're embarrassed by me," I said getting up to put my shoes on.

"Please don't go, Harry, they'll just be really upset if they hear me up here with a boy." I shook my head.

"A poor boy with a few tattoos. I know what your family says about me, it's fine." She put her arms around me.

"Please don't leave." She whispered hugging me. I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head when suddenly the door busted open revealing Emily's mum.

"Oh my god!" I let go of Emily and backed up. "Emily! I told you I don't want him here!"

"Mother I love him and-" But she was cut off with a slap in the face.