40*

Marlene

Our puppy's new name was Lady. She was a very smart dog but had to pee a lot. She'd scratch at Harry who would get up and take her out to use the bathroom. She woke him up more than Oliver did.

This morning was a very lazy morning for Oliver, Lady, and I. After Harry went to work, we all sat and watched I love Lucy on tv and ate some fruit.

Ollie didn't understand the jokes, but he seemed to really like Lucy and her crazy antics. "Mamma look!" He pointed to the window where the rain began to fall once again outside. The only reason I loved living in Washington.

"Yeah, babe look at the rain."

"Rain." He repeats clearly nodding his head and taking a bite of his kiwi. Harry loves kiwis, personally, I couldn't stand them. "Daddy come home?"

"Daddy's at work but it's lunchtime." I grabbed my phone and decided to FaceTime Harry. I waited a minute before he answered placing his phone on the desk.

"Hi, baby." He was chewing gum like he does when he's a bit stressed out.

I pulled Ollie on my lap and we smiled. "Say hi daddy." We waved. "We miss you." Oliver smiled waving at Harry and giggling.

"Princess, shouldn't you be working?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I finished all the calls and the emails, all I have to do is go in on Monday to take in order forms." He nodded. "We're just watching I love Lucy now." He smiled.

"Daddy Lucy!" Oliver jumped on my lap. He was a big boy now. I could cry at the thought of him growing to be Harry's height.

We talked for a bit and I forced him to get something to eat. I had forgotten to make lunch this morning since we woke up late.

The past few days had been a bit stressful, the court day for Oliver's adoption was coming up soon and the date for Emily and Addison's court dates had been pushed to July. It was already May and I was beginning to get irritated. The only good thing was that they were both in holding until their court day.

Harry and I were being called in to testify and all that. I was nervous to be asked questions but mostly because I never liked speaking in front of a lot of people. But like every presentation at work, I'd have to fake it until I made it.

Dinner time in this house consisted of me eating at a normal pace while Harry and Oliver both ate one noodle at a time. It was good with Ollie because he never made a mess.

"So how was your day?" I asked Harry as he took a sip of his juice.

"Good, busy. I got sad because I got yelled at by your uncle and needed a hug." I raised an eyebrow.

"Why did he yell at you?" I held his hand.

"Well someone from the floor made an error and since I'm the one who has to check everything it was technically my fault. Luckily I fixed it before anything happened so it was just pointless yelling." He shrugged looking like a puppy when he was sad. I pulled him in and kissed his cheek a few times.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there to give you a hug." He chuckled.

"Don't use your baby voice with me." I gasped. "That's the voice you use with Ollie when he gets sad."

"You're right, it's just you're my baby too." I kissed his cheek again.

He was quiet for a minute as he ate his spaghetti next to me. "I'm not your baby, I'm your daddy." He winked at me causing my insides to melt.

"Oh yeah?" he nodded. "I guess you'll have to prove that later then huh?" He nodded winking at me.

*