34

Harry

Gemma was the one to open the door and practically screeched in happiness. She hugged me and then even hugged Marlene.

"Oh god I'm so happy you guys are here, please come in it's freezing outside!" She pulled us in and looked down at Ollie who was bundled up in his warmest clothes. "Hi Oliver, gosh you are so big now!" He smiled and hugged her just like Marlene had told him in the car.

Gemma's home wasn't very big, but that didn't stop her from decorating it with Christmas decorations from the ground up. Marlene gasped at all the lights and her tree that might be just a tad too big for the house.

"Gemma this is so extra," I told her.

"Well yeah, you know how I am, Harry." I shook my head as Marlene stood awkwardly not really knowing what to do. Oliver was already touching everything. "Why don't I give Marlene a tour, and you change Oliver into something not so big." I nodded watching as they walked away.

Oliver looked around at all the Christmas stuff and picked up a glass snowman. "We don't touch Oliver, we look." He smiled at me and then threw it on the ground, breaking in two. I picked him up and he began crying. "You do not do that young man, that is very bad." I sat him on the couch when Marlene came in and saw him crying.

"What happened baby?" She cooed.

He reached for her and hugged her tightly. A few weeks ago he didn't even want to talk to her now he was crying to her and pointing at me like I'm the bad guy.

"He broke something and we've only been here ten minutes." Marlene gave me a look like she was disappointed in me.

"Oh daddy Oliver's a baby, it was probably an accident." She pinched my cheek. I leaned in close and shook my head.

I poked her boob playfully. "First of all, unless you want a spanking, don't call me daddy to mock me." She giggled. "Secondly, he looked directly at me and smiled before throwing the snowman." She rolled her eyes.

"Sure babe." She teased me walking back towards the kitchen with Oliver.

*

We hung out all day and had a nice dinner at the end of the night. When Jonathan came home I had almost forgotten that he knew Marlene and was weirded out by the way they hugged. We sat down while Gemma pulled out four glasses for wine.

"Oh I don't want any, thank you though," Marlene said.

"Oh alright, how about some tea?" She nodded. I could tell my sister was trying hard to get on Marlene's good side. Her reasoning was unknown but I'm sure she has come to a realization that Marlene really was the love of my life and she was here to stay.

I'm sure Gemma's always been a bit overprotective of me since I was not only her little brother but also because she saw me at my most vulnerable with Emily.

A phone rang and as I looked up it was Jonathan's. He quickly went over to check it and I could tell he seemed uncomfortable. "I'll be back." He gave Gemma a look and she nodded before he answered it and walked out of the room.

"Who is he talking to?" I asked. She looked at Marlene and then back at me.

"His brother Joshua." I understand that Marlene has slept with other men and that she had a life before me, but that doesn't stop the jealousy and vile taste in my mouth when his name is spoken. "He has been calling nonstop, but Jonathan has purposely not invited him because we have you here this year and we wanted everyone to be comfortable." She said sweetly to Marlene.

Marlene looked down and sighed. "It wouldn't bother me, he probably doesn't have anybody to spend Christmas with." She shrugged. "Besides, have you told him I was here?" She shook her head. "Maybe he'll get so awkward and leave on his own." She joked. "You should invite him."