31*

Marlene

I typed away at my computer, numbers from a piece of paper, and did my calculations like normal before realizing my phone went off.

As I looked at it I realized it was my period reminder telling me I was ovulating. I smiled standing up after I saved my work and quickly walked over to Harry's office. I knocked twice and heard a muffled 'come in'.

Inside he sat eating his mid-afternoon snack while reading a file. He looked up and smiled swallowing his mouth full of cashews. "Princess, you never need to knock you know that." I looked at him and tugged my ear.

After I told him that I wanted a baby we had decided that the best way to do this was to hold out until I was ovulating and then try. The tug meant 'let's have sex' without saying it out loud. "Let me clean up and we can be out of here at four."

I nodded blowing him a kiss which he caught and placed his hand on his chest. I walked out and was stopped by Liam. "Hey!" He smiled at me.

"Hey Friday night, got any plans?" I had my husband trying to get me pregnant at five but he didn't need to know that.

I didn't want anyone to know we were trying to have a baby because that's just us saying 'yeah we're fucking a lot lately.' No one needs to know that.

"After six no." He clapped his hands.

"Well good, it's Trevor's birthday in two weeks and I need to start planning him the best party ever and was hoping you can help me." I nodded. "Great, my place or yours?"

"I can come over, Harry is having a son and daddy afternoon." He nods and then waved goodbye to me as my uncle passed by.

"Miss Holt my office." I sighed walking over with him to his office. I sat down on one of his comfy leather chairs and he took a seat in his.

"Am I getting fired?" He shook his head.

"No, I have a question and I expect an answer as your uncle, not your boss." I gulped. He wasn't a personal kind of guy, in fact, this is the most he's spoken to me in a few weeks. "Why didn't you tell me you got married?" I gasped.

"How did you know?"

"Well besides Harry changing his status on his paperwork to married, your father told me." My eyes widened. "Marlene, he's upset."

"You know what's upsetting, the fact that I can't trust anyone. The fact that for once I'm happy and everyone has to bring me down. Yes, I got married, and no I didn't invite any family because I get enough looks for being with a man who has a child. Jeffery told my mom, and now everyone knows and the hole in her heart is going to get bigger and it will be my fault." He stared at me.

"Marlene, I always knew you'd get into some trouble, just try to make amends with your parents. They're your family-"

"Fine." I stopped him before he could give me a bigger lecture. "I have to go." He nodded walking me out.

*

I was irritated on the way home while Harry was trying to get me in the mood. We stopped off to get Ollie and drove home. Ollie fell asleep on the way to the house so Harry took him in for a nap in his crib. He came into the room and began kissing me.

How could I even be in the mood when all I had in my mind was my mom crying or my dad being disappointed in me for getting married without him walking me down the aisle. "God, you are so beautiful." Harry kissed my neck.

"Thanks," I mumbled. He quickly pulled away and looked at me. I was an open book with my emotions and Harry knew something was bothering me.

"Okay, what's wrong, tell daddy everything." He sat me on his lap and I groaned.