Chapter 2

~~~
XANDER’S POV

“Sir, someone left this on my table.  May nakasulat pong pangalan niyo sa likod.” Inabot sakin ng secretary ko ang isang maliit na envelope na kulay blue and true enough, may pangalan ko nga sa likod.  I was about to open it when she spoke again.

“Excuse me, Sir but you’re running late on your meeting with the stockholders of Buenaventura Hotels and Restaurants.” I cursed under my breath.  I said a quick thanks to her at nagmadali na akong pumunta sa conference room at nilagay ang maliit na envelope sa inside pocket ng coat ko.

The Fuentebella Group is really getting into my nerves these past few weeks.  They’re seriously messing with the Buenaventura Group.  Buenaventura Group is responsible for Genesis’ legal businesses while Fuentebella Group is responsible for Apocalypse’s.  Yes, they are our nemesis.  They’re taking our battle into a whole new level and our stockholders are seriously freaking out.  I don’t really care that much if they decided to pull out because 80% of the companies’ shares were under Keira’s name and under our direct influence.  Of course, the remaining 20% is not a joke but they seriously need to grow some balls.

Ako na lang ang hinihintay sa conference room kaya agad nang nagsimula pagkapasok ko.  As usual, they asked me so many questions like they always do and I answered them as much as I can without giving away anything that might freak them more than they already are.  Two and a half hours felt like forever and at last, it was over.  Pumunta na ako sa opisina ko pero hinarang ako ng sekretarya ko.  She’s hot, just like my other secretary at Buenaventura Jewelries but they’re just not my type.

“What is it?”

“I’m sorry, Sir.  Miss Sena is in there.  Sinabihan ko po-” I cut her off.

“It’s okay.  Remind me of my important meetings later.  You can go back to your work.”

“Yes, Sir.”

Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako habang papasok sa opisina ko.  The very last thing I needed right now is a freaking clingy woman but here she is.  Agad siyang tumayo nang makita niya akong pumasok at naglakad papalapit sakin.

“I missed you, baby.” Hahalikan niya sana ako pero umiwas ako at dumiretso na sa pag-upo sa swivel chair ko.  I looked her in the eye and said.

“Wish I could say the same, Sena.” That actually caught her off guard pero nakabawi din naman siya kaagad.

“Come on, Xander.  You weren’t serious with what you said last week, right?”

“I am damned serious and you should know better.”

“The girls and I thought that you guys just needed some time to think things through that’s why we gave you a week.”

“Seriously, are you all stupid or what?  What part of ‘leave us alone’ don’t you understand?  I’m pretty sure you can understand English so what’s your problem?” I know I sounded like a big-time jerk but I don’t care anymore.  They just wouldn’t fuck off.

“You know we can’t do that.”

“Why the hell not?”

“Our parents wants us to marry you guys.  And we want that, too.”

“Your parents? I don’t even know them personally and vice versa.  Is this about the companies?”

“The companies are just pieces of the bigger puzzle, Xander.  I want to start a family with you.  I really do.”

“Well, sorry to burst your bubbles but I don’t want you to be my wife.  Not now, not ever.  Plus, you know that we don’t own the Buenaventura Group or any of its companies.”