Chapter 5

~~~
KYRAN’S POV

I leaned back on my office chair and inhaled deeply. I just finished talking to Zandra over the phone. She wants to meet up later and have a drink or two, may sasabihin daw siya. Of course I agreed not having anything else to do after my schedule for today. It’s only past 4:00 in the afternoon. Dahil tapos na ako sa mga kailangang gawin dito sa opisina, there’s only one thing left to do. Nagbihis na ako ng mas komportableng damit at dumiretso na sa parking lot.

It took me a couple of minutes para makarating sa lugar kung saan nakahimlay ang mga labi ni KZ. Seven years. It all happened seven years ago yet the wound feels really fresh both in my mind and heart.

Habang papalapit ako sa destinasyon ko, hindi ko mapigilang mapakunot ng noo dahil sa isang bulto ng lalaki na nakatayo sa harap mismo ng gravestone ni KZ.

“Who are you?” Diretsong tanong ko sa kung sino man itong lalaking to.

“Ikaw pala, Kyran. Long time no see.” He extended his hand for me to shake it. I didn’t make a move to do so kaya binawi niya na din lang ang kamay niya.

“What are you doing here, Drake?” I haven’t seen him for a long time. I think the last time I saw him was when we were still in college.

“Binibisita ko lang sana si Kei. Andami kong kasalanan sakanya. I actually went straight here right after kong makalabas ng rehab.” There was a sad expression on his eyes. I can easily read him, well, not that he’s trying to conceal anything.

“Rehab?” We didn’t know what happened to him after the duel with Clyde and after the disbandment of Leprechauns.

“Yeah. I was weak after what happened to Leprechauns and while still recovering from that incident, I heard what happened to Kei and then, well, you can say that I finally lost it. I was weak both mentally and physically after the incident with Clyde and I think I reached my limit after knowing what happened to Kei so my father decided na dalhin ako sa rehab. I was supposed to stay there for a year or two but my condition didn’t improve so it took me more that 6 years and kakalabas ko lang din ngayong araw. When I was there, si Kei lang ang palagi kong iniisip. Don’t get me wrong, nakamove on na ako kay Kei but what I can’t accept is the fact that she’s gone for good.”

By the time na tapos na siya magkwento, nakalapit na din ako sa puntod ni KZ and he moved out of the way. Nilapag ko na ang dala kong bulaklak katabi ng dala niya. Funny thing is, walang magkaparehong bulaklak sa dala naming dalawa.

“Is that her favorite flower?” He’s pertaining to the daffodils na dala ko ngayong araw. Umiling lang ako sa tanong niya.

“She doesn’t have any. What I only know is that she hates Chrysanthemum. More specifically, the smell of that flower.” I heard him chuckle.

“Yeah, I know that as well. She hates it with a passion. However, I think the right word is ‘scared’. She’s scared of that smell. When we were in high school, may dumaang mga studyante sa harapan namin habang nakatambay kami sa may school grounds at may mga dala silang Chrysanthemum. When she smelled it, she really freaked out at sobrang putla niya. You know how her nose works so, malala talaga pag nakakaamoy siya nun.” I just nodded at that. She may be dead but she’s very much alive at the same time. The thought made me smile.