Chapter 6

KYRAN’S POV

Madaming tumatakbong mga katanungan sa isip ko but we need to do this one step at a time. First, we’re going to find out if it was really KZ whom we’ve cremated and the same person na binabalik-balikan ko araw-araw for the past seven years.

“Ako mismo ang magmomonitor sa paghuhukay sa puntod ni KZ. Any volunteer to do the same with Ash’s?” Agad na itinaas ni Xander ang kamay niya with a very serious look on his face.

“I’ll do it. I need to confirm it myself.” Tinanguan lang namin siya.

“I’ll stay here. I need to check everything using our systems. First, I need to review the camera feeds in each of the offices in where we found the letters. I might find something there.”

“I’ll stay here with Khyan. If they’re really still alive, they can’t be staying here in the Philippines for seven years without us knowing it. I think kailangan kong I’check ang lahat ng flights – private and commercial – from the night kung kailan inakala nating namatay sila.” Tinanguan ko si Clark. I know that he already has a theory and he will now find proofs to support it.

“How about you, Cloud?”

“I’ll find a picture of Ash. I need to show it to Libby. May narinig siyang sinabi ng nakalaban niya sa race sa Australia that really bothered me.” I gave him a questioning look.

“Well, what is it?” Clark.

“That idiot must be enjoying himself. I really miss the five of them, Ash.” Silence filled the air. Para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig. My brother and Xander share the same expressions as mine. Clark on the other hand looks like he hit the jackpot.

“You said Libby went to Australia for that race, right?” Tumango si Cloud sa tanong ni Clark.

“Okay. Australia it is. I was actually thinking that she might be hiding in South Korea or Japan based sa relasyon niya kina Ryuji at Nam Tae but who would have thought na sa Australia pala siya or sila nagtatago.” Clark.

“Come to think of it. Ngayon na nabanggit mo ang mga dating myembro ng Round Table, Australia lang ang kontinenteng walang Round Table at Pyramid. A perfect place to hide.” Khyan.

“That’s it, then. Let’s discuss everything that we’re going to find out later. Let’s meet here at exactly 9:00 pm.”

Hindi ko na hinintay ang confirmation nila at agad na akong lumabas ng mansion kasama ang ilan sa mga tauhan ko. Nakasunod lang sakin si Xander. Magkaiba ang sementeryong pupuntahan namin at may kasama din siyang ilan sa mga tauhan niya. It only took us a couple of minutes to reach the place. I remembered the woman crying here the last time I’ve been here. It must’ve been KZ. If only Zandra didn’t call at that moment, then I could’ve easily recognized her. I put the thought aside and focused on the work at hand. After I sent a silent prayer, I signaled for my men to start digging the grave. They need to dig it up because even though the body was cremated, we still placed the vessel in a coffin and buried it under the ground – katabi lang ng puntod ng dating Big Boss. I also asked Clark to send someone he trusts from one of Buenaventura Hospitals to go here and take the remains to the laboratory but of course, I will keep a close eye to them.

The team from the hospital arrived just few minutes before my men completely recovered the remains. I greeted the head of the team and explained what I want to happen. Good thing that he understood that there’s no room for mistakes and he also agreed that I oversee the entire process.

Right now, we’re still waiting for the results of the examinations as it would take several hours to complete. I specifically requested to run several tests just to make sure. My phone rung and I didn’t dare to turn my back on the on-going test here inside the laboratory. I just answered it without moving from my spot.