Chapter 22

KEIRA’S POV

Hale led us to a series of corridors. Siguradong hindi ako makakalabas dito ng mag-isa. The people guarding this place would give Hale a small nod when they see him but would make a 90 degree bow whenever they see me. They must’ve heard what happened in the Annual Ball.

“What is this place? A fucking maze?!” Xander couldn’t contain his irritation any longer. Mabuti nga at naunahan niya ako kundi minura ko na ng tuluyan tong si Hale. Tinawanan lang siya ni Hale.

“You’ll get used to it. Andito na tayo.” Matapos niyang sabihin yun ay nakarinig kami ng mga sigawan sa kabila ng isang pinto. Hale opened the door which revealed a series of chambers that looks like cubes. Nasa tapat ng tig-iisang cube sina Reese, Spike at Jaxon na nakikipagsigawan kina Ash at Grey while Titus is just watching them. Nakakadena sina Spike which would make a sound that makes me cringe everytime they move. I hissed.

“Why the hell did you guys use a bloody chain to tie them up?! Are you out of your minds?!” That was Hale who covered my ears. All of them looked at our direction at the same time. Ash, Grey and Titus looked at me guiltily but I dismissed them with a wave of a hand.

“Can you take her outside first?” Hale slightly pushed me to Clark who is the nearest one from my spot. Clark offered me his hand which I took and we went out of the room first.

“What was that about?” I smiled at Cloud. Hindi pa pala nila alam yun.

“What?” He asked me again.

“Turns out that I developed a fear of chains after what happened seven years ago in that basement.” I was looking at Ran when I said that so that they will know what I’m talking about. Ran gritted his teeth and the other four clenched their fists.

That’s true. I had a minor panic attack when I was training under Hale after I woke up from coma. Good thing that Hale was able to calm me down at that time dahil wala noon sa bahay yung tatlo. The sight of chains doesn’t affect me but the sound of it does. I can clearly remember how Ryker chained me in that basement and tortured me there. Everytime that he hurt me, there’s a corresponding sound of chain dahil nagagalaw ang katawan ko at literal akong nakabitin gamit ang kadena noon. Each time I hear the sound of chains, it brings me back to that basement. Natigil ang pag-alala ko sa mga nangyari noon dahil niyakap ako bigla ni Ran.

“You look pale. I’m sorry.” I hugged him back.

“It’s not your fault, Ran.” He just played with my hair until Ash came out and told us that it’s okay to enter the room again.

“What are these things, A?” Tanong ko kay Ash at pinindot ko ang isang button sa isa sa mga cubes na andito. The glass cleared and I was greeted by a bloody man. Napasigaw ako sa gulat at bigla akong napaatras pero naapakan ko ang suot kong gown. Mabuti na lang talaga at malapit lang sa akin si Ash. He was able to catch me and Xander was instantly on my side as well. Inilayo nila ako sa cube na tinitignan ko kanina pero inalis ko ang mga kamay nila na nakahawak sa akin nang makatayo na ako ng maayos. Lumapit ako sa cube at napaluhod na lang ako and I started crying. I know this man. He is from Genesis. Kahit na masyadong duguan ang mukha at katawan niya, nakilala ko pa rin ang mukha niya. He was one of my Uncle’s bodyguards. Sobrang payat na niya. I don’t know his name but I certainly know his face.

“Ahhhh!!!” I screamed as I punch the glass wall that separates me from my Uncle’s bodyguard.

“Em, stop!! What the fuck?!” Ash forcefully restrained me by hugging me from the back. When I couldn’t get out of his hold, I stopped struggling and hugged him instead. I just cried while he kept his tight arms around me.