Hope Found A Way

2 years later

"DAWN!"

I spun around to see Noah running up to me, grinning from ear to ear. I immediately beamed back at him.

"Hi," I giggled, giving him a long, slow kiss. He gave out a little sigh and I pulled away, giggling.

"Hi," he said, grinning at me.

"I can't believe it's already summer break!" I gasped.

"I know right? I can't believe you've been here for 2 years. It feels like forever," he said, leaning against the door frame of my room casually.

It had been 2 years since I found out I was a naiad. Hope, my best friend, was close to figuring out the name in the book but I changed my mind about it when Noah and I started dating. I have a feeling that name will change something and I'm quite happy with my life now.

"Hey it's Ink," Noah said. I turned to see Ink pacing straight towards us, with a serious expression on his face. Ink was never serious.

"Hey Ink..." I greeted but he didn't seem happy to see us. His eyes were fully of worry.

"What's wrong?" Noah asked, clearly concerned.

"It's... it's Hope," Ink started. Something didn't sound right - I know Ink had a little crush on her and I truly believed something bad had happened.

"What? What happened? Is she okay? INK?" I panicked. There was a long silence, while Noah and I waited for Ink to tell us something.

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHA," Ink burst out laughing.

For one second, I was confused but then I realized what he had done and I immediately slapped him across the face.

"OW!!" He exclaimed, rubbing his reddening cheek. I glared at him.

"Don't you ever do that again!" I threatened. "Or I'll give you one hell of a treat the next time you drink water."

Noah was trying his best not to laugh at the sudden change in Ink's face - laughter to fear.

"But guys seriously, Hope wants to meet us at the house," Ink said. He held up his hands in surrender.
"I promise you guys, I'm not kidding," he said. "Come on let's go."

"Alright," I muttered. Noah grabbed my hand and we walked outside the school, beginning our summer break.

•• •• ••

We must have either been really noisy or Hope has incredible hearing because as soon as we reached the doorstep, the door swung open revealing an excited Hope.

"Come on! COME ON!" She screamed excitedly, bobbing up and down as we entered the house.
This was Caroline's house since we all stayed at the Boarding House but during holidays Caroline let us come over.

"What's the matter Hope?" I questioned. She gestured for all of us to gather at the dining table.

She inhaled sharply and said, "Guys, I think I found the way to bring my family back. This time for sure. I know it. I found the spell and all!" she squealed.

"Oh my gosh! That's great Hope!" I screamed and I rushed over the embrace her in a tight hug.

"Damn, Sabrina! You finally did it! Come give ol' Ink a hug!" Ink teased.

He went over and hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. Hope softened slightly in his embrace and Noah and I smirked at each other.

Noah cleared his throat loudly, "Ink? Are you gonna let go or could I give her a hug too?"