Call Me

"What!?" I shouted, my mouth dropping wide open. My heart was pounding in my chest.

"What do you mean it's Mikaelson? What are you saying?" I shrieked putting my hand on my chest. Hope moved to me and put her hands on my shoulders.

"HEY!" she yelled and I stopped and looked at her. "This doesn't change anything okay? It's just a name from your past life. You don't need to live that life anymore Dawn. This is a fresh start for you and your past is not going to affect it," Hope reassured me and I calmed down a little.

"But if my last name was Mikaelson that means I was-I-I was married to one of them!" I stammered.

"Yes but it doesn't matter anymore okay? That was before right?" Hope said looking me in the eye. I was trying to calm down but my brain was racing with questions.

"Y-yes...before..." I trailed off, feeling a bit sleepy. I then realized what was happening and grabbed Hope's arm, scaring her a bit.

"Hope I think I'm getting a memory!" I managed to shriek. "Could you hold on to me so it doesn't hurt?"

"I'll cast a small spell okay? Just...just sleep," she assured me and my eyes started feeling droopy and I laid back on Hope's bed, still holding her arm awaiting another piece of my past.

•• •• ••

When I opened my eyes, I found myself wading through people dressed in luxurious gowns, fine suits and gleaming jewelry. I caught a glimpse of my reflection and found myself wearing such simple clothes, with a little matching cap to hold my hair.

I was carrying a few rags and a bucket with me as someone had made a mess in one of the Governor's private rooms. I shuffled through the crowd not being noticed at all and stumbled into the room to find a huge horror.

There was blood everywhere along with a few bodies here and there. I wanted to scream but if I caused a scene and disrupted the ball, the Housekeeper would kick my teeth in. Repeatedly.

I quickly scrambled to the walls and started scrubbing furiously. The smell was horrible but I had to do it. I scrubbed and cleaned everything until I was nearly dead. I fell on the floor and just tried to catch my breath before trying to get...get rid of those bodies.

Those innocent people. I sobbed silently, for one of the bodies was a boy who I worked with. He was not a day over eighteen, just beginning to flourish. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I sat there hopelessly.

"Is everything alright?" a voice said behind me and I whipped around. I stood up immediately, wiping my tear-stained cheeks quickly and straightening my dress.

"I'm sorry but I do not think the Governor would like you being in this room right now," I said a bit sternly without looking at the man.

"Oh but the Governor has allowed my family to indulge in whatever we want," the man said confidently and my eyes widened. I looked up and quickly curtsied.

"Mister Mikaelson! I am deeply sorry for my remark. Please feel free to enter the room," I stated a bit scared.

"It is quite alright."