Slithering Snakes

NOAH POV

I sank my fangs into the slender neck of the bartender. I let the warm liquid flow into my mouth. It was wonderful. After I was satisfied, I dropped her body onto the floor along with the other 10 girls I had drained.

This was the third bar I had been to and well Klaus has been there to get rid of the bodies but not this time.

My shirt was covered in blood but at the moment, I didn't care. I was addicted. I had never felt this way before. Klaus left me alone after he noticed that I wasn't going to talk and he vanished after that.

It had been 2 weeks since I woke up and I hadn't gone back to the compound. I just couldn't face anyone yet, especially Dawn. She was a freaking nature spirit for goodness sake, if she found out that I had killed I don't know what would've happened

I grabbed some alcohol from the bar and poured it over the bodies. I snatched a lighter and lit the bodies on fire, not an ounce of guilt creeping inside of me... yet.

It was early in the morning and so I slipped out and sped into the darkness. I passed the compound like I always did and sighed. I couldn't go, not just yet anyways.

As I was about to walk away I heard footsteps approaching.

"Noah?"

I spun around to see the person who had walked out of the house.

"Davina?" I asked. It was quite dark and I couldn't see very well. She approached me and I was able to see her face from the streetlight.

"What're you doing here?" I questioned and she sighed, wrapping her arms around herself.

"I could ask you the same thing," she replied. "I-I couldn't sleep."

"I was just about to go in," I lied and she sighed again. "Are you okay?"

"No not really. Kol has kinda gone on a rampage," she mumbled.

"Oh. Well I hope he'll be alright soon," I said. "What for?"

"Nothing important," she mumbled and shivered.
I noticed she was cold so I shrugged my jacket off and placed it around her. "Here."

"I don't think that's a good idea," she whispered but I didn't take it back. Davina looked up at me and there was something in her eyes that I usually saw in Dawn's. I could never describe it.

"Could you tell me about the Claire bloodlines? They're my favorite witches," I smiled hoping to break off this tension. Davina giggled slightly.

"I thought you'd be the one to tell me that," she retorted and I raised my eyebrow.

"Hope told me that Kol has met all kinds of witches and knows a lot about their magic," I questioned and she sighed again.

"Kol may have travelled everywhere with witches and witnessed hundreds of spells but he never met the Claire witches, well except Mary-Alice and me," she explained and she smiled weakly.

"You do know that the Claire witches are the ones who saved me right?" I smiled and she gasped astonished.

"I thought you didn't know-"

"The coven? I didn't until I woke up. But it's pretty cool," I said and she grinned.

"That means you spent a lot of time with them? How were they? What was it like?" she rambled and I laughed.

"Woah woah woah, chill. My memories are still a bit fuzzy but I'll tell you all I know. Here sit," I said and we sat down in front of the compound and I explained everything: about how they brought me back, how life was like with them and how it was heart-breaking for me to leave them. They were my family.