Mystic Falls

I was packing anything I could see into my suitcase, my vision was blurred and the only thing on my mind was getting the hell out of New Orleans. I had stayed here for too long and looked what happened to me. I got knocked up and fell in love with another man while I was still in a relationship.

I grabbed my phone and quickly sent a message to Hope, telling her that I needed her to meet me downstairs.

I finished packing and went straight to the nursery room, picking up both my babies and taking them downstairs where I had kept my suitcase.

"Dawn?"

Someone called my name and I turned to see who it was, King and Venetia still in my arms. Kol stepped out of the shadows and sped up right next to me. I could see the anger in his eyes when he looked down at me.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" he said clenching his jaw.

"I-I'm leaving," I said shakily, trying my best to conceal my fear. "I can't stay here."

I continued what I was doing, getting my babies ready for the long journey ahead. I planned on going back to Mystic Falls and asking Caroline for some help.

"You can't take them away from me!" Kol protested pushing me away from King and Venetia. "They're my children too."

"Yes I know that, but this is not where I want them to grow up!" I pushed back at his chest and he only seemed to get angrier. He looked conflicted though and I could see it in his eyes.

"Tell me, Dawn," Kol said in a low voice moving closer towards me. I didn't dare move away. "Is it true that you still love Noah?"

My eyebrows raised at the random question. First he wasn't letting me leave, now he's asking if I love Noah?

I gulped and he kept staring down at me, waiting for an answer.

"I do love Noah..." I began and I could hear the bones in his knuckles crack when he clenched his fists. "And I always will... but my love for him is different now. I don't think I have any romantic love for him anymore. And it makes me sad because I know he still loves me... but I can't just lie to myself about my feelings can I?"

Kol seemed a bit taken aback with my words and relaxed a little. I noticed he was still fishing for more answers from me so I opened my mouth to speak again but then I felt his lips on mine so suddenly. I pushed him away to look into his eyes carefully.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused and concerned. I thought he hated me. "What about Davina?"

Kol almost laughed in my face when I said his wife's name but I could see he that he was upset about it.

"She's long gone, love. She doesn't love me, I know it. And to be honest," Kol replied bending down a little more, glancing at my lips. "I for sure don't love her."

His lips were on mine once again but this time I didn't stop him and let him kiss him and wrap his hands around my waist. My hands went to his hair, digging my fingers into his head and running my hands through his hair while he kissed me passionately. I tilted my head to the side to get better access when someone walked in.

"OH EW! NO!" Hope shrieked in disgust covering her eyes immediately. Kol and I pulled away at once, chuckling at Hope's reaction. "ARE YOU GUYS DONE?"

She peeked through her fingers and sighed a breath of relief when she saw that we were standing apart.

"I can't deal honestly. My uncle and my best friend? EW! Nobody wants to see that," Hope ranted making a disgusted face as I covered my face in embarrassment. Kol just smirked at the two of us, obviously not caring about what Hope says.

"Come on, my dear niece there's no need to be a drama queen. You already know we've done more than that," Kol said winking at me and I just wanted to die then and there. Hope made gagging noises when she heard that and just walked past me to the two angels.

"Hi babies, it's your Aunty Hope!" Hope smiled touching their soft cheeks. Hope then noticed the suitcases and frowned.

"Dawn, what are the suitcases for?" she asked pointing to my luggage. I sighed and walked over to my best friend.

"I'm going to go back to Mystic Falls. I can't stay here anymore Hope. Plus I don't think I want my children to grow up in this environment... I just want what's best for them," I said sadly. I knew Hope would want to stay in New Orleans with her family especially since Hayley was staying here too. Hope pouted, immediately engulfing me in a hug.

"Promise to call everyday?" she said and I laughed.

"Of course," I replied and hugged her tighter. I didn't want to leave her but I knew Ink would take good care of her as well. I didn't need to leave worrying about her safety.

"I'm going too, Hope," Kol spoke up and we both pulled away. Hope and I frowned and he gave us a look. "What? If Dawn's leaving then I should too... they're my children too."

Hope nodded slowly and gave Kol a big hug. She turned to me and smiled sadly.

"Call me when you get there okay?" Hope said and I nodded hugging her again.

"Tell Ink that I said bye please? And also," I pulled out a small piece of paper from my pocket and placed it in Hope's hand. "If you see Noah, give this to him. Tell him that I'll see him again one day."

Hope nodded and quickly pecked the twin's foreheads before leaving with a sad smile plastered on her face. I sighed and picked up the twins who were staring at me with wide eyes.

"Are you sure you want to come?" I questioned Kol who was carrying my luggage to his flashy red car. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the flashiness of the car... at least it was original though.

"Love, we're a family now. There's no way I'm leaving the three of you alone," he replied, putting the luggage into the car.

"What if we don't love each other anymore and you hate me?" I questioned, putting the twins in the car seats carefully. When I was done, I leaned against the car door, staring at him.

"Like I said before, we're a family now. Family always sticks together," he answered smoothly, giving me a small kiss on the lips.

His hands snakes around my waist and gripped my shirt as our lips moved in sync and I felt his fingers slip under the hem of my shirt, touching my skin while his lips moved down to my jawline.

"Hey, not in front of the babies!" I protested pushing him back a bit.

"What? They won't even remember," he retorted but I just rolled my eyes, trying to hide my smile. "To be continued?"

I felt my cheeks redden when he asked that but I nodded, biting my lip. His face broke out into a grin and he jumped in the car.

"Let's go, love," he said, patting the car seat. I smiled to myself and got in the passenger seat, turning around to quickly check if my.. I mean our babies were alright.

"Soooo is it okay if I call us the Rose-Mikaelsons now?" I giggled at my question and Kol smiled.

"Sounds good to me, darling," he replied and we drove away from the Mikaelson Compound, away from the place that had given my nothing but heartache, devastation and confusion. Well at least it helped me find my soulmate again.

However, I still couldn't stop thinking about the message I had received recently and it made me wonder if they would still track me down to Mystic Falls. I hoped that all the crazy visions would stop and that I could focus on raising King and Venetia... with Kol by my side.

_________________________________

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter! I know it's been a while so thank you for bearing with me! I'll be posting more soon;)