Family Time

We managed to get ready before it started surprisingly while Noah smirked at me the whole time we walked downstairs.

"I still don't think I'll be able to keep my hands off of you," he teased staring at me. I looped my arm through his, laughing.

"If you try your best, you may get a pleasant surprise later," I joked while he sighed deeply. "Let's go," I laughed and dragged him to the ballroom with me.

The entrance to the ballroom was lit wonderfully from a gigantic diamond chandelier that hung from the ceiling with fairy lights grasping at the railings of the two white polished stairs that stopped at the floor.

It gave off a very magical essence and it truly amazed me. Hope had decided to invite some people from school since the Mikaelsons really don't have many friends. I was excited to meet new people but meeting the Mikaelsons seemed like a huge task.

I wanted them to like us and not look down upon us. Noah sensed my nervousness and gave me a reassuring smile. My heart was beating hard and I stopped at a mirror to make sure I looked alright.

The dark green dress hugged my torso and spread out like a flower from my waist in deep waves of green satin. My hair was pinned up with a few curls falling here and there. I checked my makeup making sure my dark red lipstick was perfect and if my eyeliner was great.

The Dragonfly pendant glittered on my collarbone and for a second I had a feeling of deja vu - from the memory I had.

"Dawn," I heard Noah say bringing me back to reality. I turned around and smiled.

"You look beautiful. You don't need to change anything," he complimented and I grinned.

"Come on let's get this over with," I sighed and we continued walking to the ballroom.

We stepped into the ballroom as the Mikaelsons were gathered in the middle, laughing and drinking their signature Bourbon.

I saw Hope in a gorgeous burgundy dress giggling at something Ink, who wore a matching suit jacket, said. The Mikaelsons were dressed to impress and I must say they looked amazing.

"Noah! Dawn!" Hope said and everyone turned to us. Shoot, here we go. I smiled at all of them and just as Noah was about to say something I heard a glass shatter on the floor.

The one who dropped it was staring at me shocked and the lady next to him stared at him confused. She shook his arm and he snapped out of his stare to focus on the glass he just dropped. They both walked away, perhaps to discuss what just happened.

Way to go for a first impression... Was I that bad? Did I look bad? Oh god.

"Please excuse my brother, he seems to have forgotten his manners," one of them chuckled and walked up to me. He took my hand and kissed it.

"Klaus Mikaelson. You must be Dawn Rose," he smirked and turned to Noah to shake his hand. "And Noah Michels... I must say you look very familiar. Have we met before?" he tilted his head.

"I guess I have one of those faces," Noah chuckled lightly. "But it is an honor to finally meet Hope's father."

"It certainly is. We've heard a lot about you," I said glancing at Hope who blushed slightly.

"And I cannot thank you enough for helping her to bring us together," he stated and walked back. We went and stood by Ink and Hope waiting to be introduced.

"Dawn, you look so hot," Hope giggled and I smiled at her. "So do you," I winked. We glanced at Noah and Ink who were chatting like nothing happened. I raised an eyebrow at Hope and she shrugged.