Star-Crossed Lovers

DAWN POV

The warm rays of the sun touched my face and my eyes fluttered open. I stretched on the bed and I stood up from the bed and realized that I still had my gown on from last night.

And then everything sorted rolling into my mind and my vision blurred. I decided to go down and check on him, hopefully they didn't move his rotting corpse. Part of me wanted him to wake up but another wasn't sure. If he was a Mikaelson then that would certainly change things for us.

I burst into the basement to see if he was still lying there but his body was gone. Maybe they had already taken him away when they found out he wasn't waking up.

I decided to go find Hope and ask her where they kept the body. I walked into the courtyard, dragging my dress up and off to my room. I decided to change before going off to talk to Hope.

And then it hit me.

He wasn't coming back.

The thought of not having Noah next to me all the time and when I needed him crept into my mind.

He wasn't going to be there when I had a crappy day anymore.

He wasn't going to be there when I really needed to vent and rant.

He wasn't going to be there when I just wanted him to hold me and occasionally sing to me on a really bad day.

He wasn't going to be there on the last day of school, when we would finally be able to travel together. I won't be able to feel his lips against mine, his hands on my body, his beautiful laugh and his ever so amazing eyes. No more playful tickles. No more nothing.

I wouldn't be able to feel love anymore. The weird feeling in my stomach when I see him. My heart beating fast when he's near me. The warm feeling I get when he laughs. Those feelings of passion and love.

I'll never be able to feel them again. Not for anyone other than Noah.

By this point I was weeping. I wrapped my arms around my body thing to ease the pain but it didn't work. I felt like giving up then. I just wanted to end this life and forget about all this pain. I wanted to start a fresh, new life. I wanted to die then and there but I knew I wouldn't be able to. It just wasn't in my blood to do something like that. I was too weak.

But I needed someone. Someone to hold me and comfort me. No matter who it was, I just needed somebody. I couldn't be alone, weeping.

After a while I tried to get the stupid dress off because it suddenly felt so hot and it just reminded me of that terrible night. I tried to get it off but it was too hard and it only made me more frustrated and sad.

"COME ON!" I cried and desperately tried to get the zipper down. I moved forward and tripped on my dress, twisting my ankle as my body fell in a weird position. I expected to come face to face with the cold floor but instead I fell into somebody's arms.

I couldn't help it. I cried into the persons chest. They brought my head closer to their chest and hugged me. I sobbed and sobbed into their chest and they held me tightly. Everything felt like it was crumbling and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I decided to look up at my savior and freaked silently.

"Kol?" I whispered and for a few seconds we just stared into each other's eyes. I quickly looked away despite the strong connection I felt. Guilt filled me immediately as in those mere seconds I managed to feel something for him and completely forgot about Noah.

"Are you alright dear?" he asked softly and I nodded, biting my lower lip to stop the tears. A stray tear fell down my cheek and his expression softened. He brushed the tear away with his thumb and he smiled faintly.