When We First Met

"Dawn, you have to eat something!" Hope pleaded on the other side of the door. I had stayed in my room in the same position for hours sobbing until there were no more tears.

"Dawn!" Hope said again knocking on the door firmly. I slowly pushed myself and sighed deeply wrapping my sweater around my body. I placed my hand on the cold doorknob and twisted it to see my best friend holding a huge plate of beignets. I couldn't help but crack a small smile at the gesture.

I walked out of my room and grabbed a beignet stuffing it into my mouth. I moaned slightly at the delicious taste and Hope giggled lightly. We walked down and sat on the sofas in the courtyard.

After a moment of silence Hope randomly said, "Kol knows."

"What the hell?" was my reaction along with wide open eyes. Hope shifted in her seat nervously looking down at her hands.

"I told him... He has the right to know," Hope reasoned and I rolled my eyes. I planned on keeping it to myself.

"I guess..." I replied. I bit my lip and looked up at Hope. "But how did I manage to get pregnant in the first place?"

"I was hoping we could try that with a spell I found?" Hope asked softly and I sighed. I could never stay mad at her.

"What do you need?" I said and she smiled a little before taking out a small knife and handing it to me.

I chuckled a bit before taking the knife and pressing it into my palm. The red liquid appeared but as I poured it out into the little glass Hope was holding, the deep red started converting into a metallic gold.

I stared at my golden blood in shock but Hope acted like it was completely normal.

"Um... Hope? Care to explain what the hell is happening right now?" I questioned her.

"Don't worry about it... that's enough... here," was all she rambled. I grabbed the bandage off her hand and wrapped it around my palm.

I noticed a symbol in the middle of the courtyard and as I was about to ask Hope why she'd drawn it, she started chanting and then suddenly Kol appeared with blood dripping down his chin.

"Shit," I mumbled and turned my back to him. No way in hell was I going to talk to him.

"I was having lunch!" Kol exclaimed at Hope who just rolled her eyes and tossed him the knife, "I need your blood."

"Usually when a witch needs blood it's for a spell... So... no blood until you tell me what the spell is," Kol said, throwing the knife on the ground.

"Seriously?!" Hope yelled and Kol smirked at her, waiting for an answer. "I just want to find out how this happened! And so does Dawn!"

"Shit," I muttered. Kol stayed silent for a while before striding up to Hope and splitting his palm open with his fangs. The deep red blood gushed out into the glass and something flashy caught my eye.

I squinted at the blood and I noticed it changing to a darker shade of gold. I turned a little to see Kol's reaction and he was as shocked as I was. Hope just shook her head, telling him to wait and that she'll explain later.

She then asked us both to be a little patient while she prepares the spell. I flopped down on the couch and just watched Hope prepare.