Chapter Four

The picture is for when Sang does a bit of origami!

Kota opens the door and I walk out of the nurse's office with him and Paprika. The halls are quickly emptying of students.

Paprika says a mean word and runs off down the corridor. I look to Kota confused with his strange friend.

Seeing my unspoken question, Kota says, "Nathan's class is on the other side of the school."

Why does he keep calling him Nathan?! I already know how real name! I huff and blow the hair out of my face. Or at least I try to. It just falls back in my face. Kota looks amused but doesn't say anything. His attitude is making me grumpy. I stick my tongue out at him and his darken before he looks away. Good, now we are both grumpy. That is what darkened eyes mean, right?

I walk stiffly because I don't want to bleed all over my clothes and stain them. Good thing I am super sneaky about it and Kota doesn't notice.

I smile at how sore my back, belly, and throat are. I follow Kota in the classroom and sit behind a stunned Corey. Oh no. I hope he isn't a zombie too. Take my notebook out and a large pencil set. I came prepared.  I am my notebook and Corey turns around slightly red in the face.

"Hi Sang," he said smiling.

I quickly write down on the paper,

Hi Corey! My voice is gone today, sorry.

I point at the paper and he reads it quickly.

"Are you okay?" He asks distressed.

I nod with a big smile on my face. He can be my pretend friend too! Now I have three pretend friends: Kota, Paprika, and Corey.

The teacher starts the science lesson. Apparently, it is difficult or something because everyone is focused and asking questions and have confused looks on their faces.

I begin to draw a picture of my planet. I named it Triopolis because it has trio in the name and Sarah and Star and I are a trio. The sky is a beautiful magenta color and the plants and animals unlike ours. I am so glad a brought my pencils!

I take my time and go into tiny detail and blend the colors carefully. I am drawing up a storm and working myself into an art-crazed fervor.

I draw until, twenty minutes into the class, the lead of the magenta pencil breaks! I need it for the sky! I frantically search my pink backpack for a nonexistent pencil sharpener.

"What do I do?!" I shriek frantically in my mind. I must finish my masterpiece! It is important! More important than life! More important than candy! More important than—wait. No. Nothing is more important than ice cream. Nothing.

"Calm down, darling," Sarah cooes. "You're okay. Just ask that blonde haired boy, Luke, if he has a sharpener. Slip him a note. Star will help you so no one notices."

I do as she says and write,

Luke,
Please help me! I have a pencil emergency! My pencil broke and this picture is important!
Thank you so much, Sang

I fold the paper into an origami unicorn and have Star send the note over. She flies it over and lands it so that it is standing on his notes. I wait impatiently for him to notice and fidget as it takes him longer than a second.

***
Luke's POV

I scribbled notes down angrily. I was so annoyed. My candy stash was missing and it wasn't even North who stole it! This confusing AP science class wasn't my idea either. Kota somehow talked me into it. I'll never let him do that again!