Chapter Twenty Eight

I wake up confused.

Why am I sandwiched between two warm people on a cloud?

I look at them and remember.

Oh, yeah.

"Wow, Sang. And this is why you need us. You would be lost without us," Star declares.

I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't like how she said it.

I would be lost without them, but I am not stupid, am I?

Eh.

It's not like people stick around for my brain. Actually, no one sticks around me except for these fourteen and I have no clue why they stick around me.

I love that I am allowed to sleep with them. My nightmares never leave my mind when I am with them. Plus, they keep me warm.

I silently slip out of the bed and walk to my suitcase in a closet in the hall. I quickly get ready for the day. Today is Monday so there is still school.

I hate school.

It is completely pointless and full of meanies.

I take a quick bath in one of the bathrooms.

Grumpily, I let Sarah pick out my clothes. I change into a black t-shirt with a white tiger head on it and white leather pants. Next, I pull on white converse.

Star helps me do my makeup so I am wearing eyeliner and mascara.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate eye makeup?

I always manage to stab myself in the eye. Always.

While they are still asleep, I head downstairs to make breakfast for them.

I cook oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and chunks of apple in the oatmeal. I dish the bowls up according to when they wake up.

I just finished dishing out Mr.Blackbourne's oatmeal when he comes down the staircase.

I hand him his bowl and line the bowls on the counter.

Slowly, the boys all come down until Gabriel and Raven are the only ones still asleep.

"We need to wake Gabe and Raven up before they cause us to be late," Kota announces looking at his watch.

"No way am I waking them up again!" Luke cries.

"Why not, Always?" I ask curiously.

"Why not?" Luke repeats incredulously.

Silas looks at me.

"Maybe Aggele mou should be the one to wake them up," Superman suggests.

They have their eye conversation while I have my mental conversation.

"Why are they making a big deal about waking them up?"

"Well... It's probably like what happens when we don't wake you up and someone else tries to," Sarah answers.

Oh.

We are not the easiest or nicest to wake up.

"Sang, if you are fine with it, we would like to ask you to wake them up," Pug says.

Okay.

I wait patiently.

They all state at me doing nothing.

Finally, I lose my patience.

I throw my hands in up in the air and cry, "Well, are you gonna ask me are not?"