Chapter Forty Seven

I wake up slowly and painfully with a smile on my face.

I sit up as much as I can and see that I am in a dark room with no windows or light turned on.

Because of my incredible eyesight and the light coming through the cracks around the door, I am able to see the room pretty clearly.

I am chained up. My wrists and ankles are cuffed by chains attached to the four walls.

Surprisingly, I don't feel pain from hitting the ground, just from whatever was injected into me. My whole neck feels on fire and my whole body aches. I feel weak and tired, but the pain just makes me grin and grin.

There is no furniture in the room, unless you count the dirt, grime, and bloodstains that adorn all the walls, the floor, and even the ceiling in a few spots.

The floor feels slightly damp and I don't want to know why.

The room is cold and smells of human waste, body odor, and, most strongly, blood.

I don't know if I should be scared or ask if I can join my kidnappers.

"Scared, Sang! You should be scared!" An exasperated Sarah cries.

Star scoffs, "As if. We would rather die than be caught acting like a wimp. Join your kidnappers. This way, you could have fun being in pain and helping others feel pain."

I ponder, "But what if they don't like the pain?"

Star screams, "No pain! Pain is bad! Gosh, your like a child!"

I roll my eyes.

"That's because I am a child. Duh. We have a week and a half until my birthday on October sixth. Then I'll be an adult technically. Well, we'll all be adults then."

"This isn't important! What's important is that we escape and get to the boys!" Sarah exclaims.

She's just upset that I'm smarter.

But that's okay, we can't all be geniuses because then we would all be average.

Star smirks, "I will only agree if we get to kill our kidnappers."

"But what if this is just a test for the mafia? We were supposed to receive our mark today, after all," I think aloud. Well, out loud to the voices in my head without using my voice.

And I sound like a nutcase again...

I sigh and shake my head before smiling again.

They meant to weaken me and hurt me, but the pain makes me happy and sharpens my senses making me stronger.

I laugh hysterically at the idiots who thought this was the way to torture me.

Don't they know what Mother did to me?

What Father did to me?

What Marie did to me?

I continue with my laughter.

This is nothing!

That's when the door is unlocked and opened.

"****, why is she laughing? ******, the ***** was supposed to be at least a little scared, if not crying!" A gravelly voice whines, sounding slightly scared.

Poor guy is scared by my laughter...

I got caught by a bunch of wimps!

And clearly not the Academy ones.

I laugh harder.

Now, there are tears running down my face. I guess he got the tears he wanted!

Suddenly, my head is whipped to the side and pain radiates from my cheek out to my whole face.