Chapter Forty Nine

"Wake up, ****!" Greg's rough voice tears through my sleep and a foot thuds against my ribs making my lips curl up in cruel happiness.

I pull against my chains and use them to sit up. My wrists are as raw and bloody as they have been since the first week back in September.

"Here's your water," Greg says with disgust. He slams the water down causing a large portion of it to slosh out of the blue plastic cup.

Greedily, I drink it up, thankful that he didn't dump it on me like he did the other day. I was wet and shivering until the water finally dried, and then I was thirsty all day, even with the other cup I got.

The water feels amazing. I wasn't allowed to drink water for a few days because I wasn't a good girl.

A lot of people think that without water you just get a fuzzy tongue and chapped lips.

That's not true.

My lips are chapped and cracked, bleeding in a couple areas. My whole mouth feels fuzzy, like there is a layer of cloth covering every surface. My tongue is swollen and hurts to move. There is a bone in the roof of my mouth, behind my front teeth, that sticks out and is incredibly painful, especially when my tongue touches it. I am constantly confused and fuzzy and tired. I have a pounding headache that won't go away. My throat hurts and it is incredibly painful to swallow. Not that I have anything to swallow. Even my eyes hurt from the lack of fluids.

In short, not enough water sucks.

But it's okay because I should have behaved better if I really wanted water.

Normally, I am allowed to have water every day, but I need to work on not speaking, laughing, or smiling.

Greg cuffs my left wrist and ankle to the metal ball that reminds me of the prisoners from the olden days. Then, he informs the chains that are attached to the walls.

I drag the metal behind me as I follow Greg to the medical room. I plop down on the bench and Father watched as Dr. Volto administers the shot.

The shot sends pain racing through me and I almost blackout because of it.

Father and Dr.Volto then proceed to question me.

It's mostly normal questions like, "Do you love your father?" Of course.

"Would you kill for your father?" Always.

"What do you remember if your life before you came here?" Mother and Marie were mean. Kids at school were mean. I killed my family, except Father because I am Father's killer.

"Are you happy with your life?" Why wouldn't I be?

"Do you have murderous thoughts toward anyone?" Yup! Greg, of course.

The boringly normal questions make me sleepy (or maybe that's the lack of water...) and soon I have to fight to stay awake.

Sarah and Star help me as best as they can.

Sarah hasn't been speaking to me much, recently. For some reason, she is all sad and depressed and broken. What a weirdo.

Star has turned darker and fills my brain with thoughts of killing people and torturing them.

They tell me that we are forgetting something. Someone.

We are not remembering somebody.

However, no matter how hard we try, we can't seem to think of who we are forgetting, or even why we need to remember them.

I don't really care or see why it is important, but Sarah insists that it important. Since Sarah rarely talks, I do my best to listen when she does.