Chapter Eight

I want to give a special thank you to everyone who has read this! Thank you! I especially appreciate those of you who have voted and commented!

Sang Insane is now at over a thousand reads and over two hundred votes!!!

Enjoy!

*

*

*
My hair is dark blue with streaks of silver in it. I guess it is the start of fall.

What's more shocking, however, are my eyes. They seem to be even greener and slightly reflective like a cat's. What does this mean? I don't want another reason to stand out. Another reason to be avoided. Another reason for people to make fun of me. Another reason for people to say mean things about me to each other. Another reason for Master to hate me. Another reason for Master to beat me.

I don't know what to do. I'm panicking and I can hear Sarah and Star, but at the same time, I can't hear them. What do I do? Normal people don't wake up looking different!

"Breathe, Sang!" Sarah shouts.

I gasp for air and try to calm myself.

"I...can't believe that I am going to say this, but you... may... Take the day off of school," Sarah says. Even though she doesn't have teeth, I can feel her gritting her teeth.

Star and I start whooping and I do my happy dance.

"I take it your voice is doing better," Sarah stated wryly.

"And my whip marks and where Master kicked me!" I beam.

"I don't have to got to school today! I don't have to got to school today! I don't have to got to school today!" I sing out happily.

My life is perfect! Why would I ever be sad?! I am never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER going back to school!!!

"Wait. What?! I said you could take today off. Today. Not eternity. Today!" Sarah huffs.

I give her the biggest puppy dog eyes I can imagine. My lip goes out.

"Today off or no days off. It's your choice really."

Now it's my turn to huff.

"Why?!" I sob. "What did I ever do to you?!"

Sarah rolls her eyes. "You do realize I know that you're faking."

I woke my fake tears and smile at her antics. Eh, it was worth a shot.

"So what are we going to do today?" I ask Sarah and Star.

"Why don't we go to downtown and figure it out from there?" Star suggests.

I grab a sweater and stuff it into my backpack and head to the woods. There, I stop to pick up some money from my hiding spot in a tree. A squirrel used to live there, but it found a better home so I use it to stash my cash. Money is hard for me to find, but every now and then I am able to take a job babysitting.

One strange job was a couple years ago. I was watching a five year old boy at night because Master was out of town with Father. I had sent him into his room to get dressed, but five minutes later, I am pacing and waiting anxiously for him.

I announce I am coming in and open the door. He was standing there pulling up his pants and turns his head and sees me. A smile spreads across his face and he lets out a high pitched, "Meep!"

I must say I laughed kinda hard and was pretty weirded out.

I have taken a lot of strange babysitting jobs, but I am an excellent baby sitter. I only sat on that baby once. And I do sometimes use duct tape, but only in occasion.