Chapter Twenty Two

"I understand, North Star and there is no need to be jealous or embarrassed. I am happy to teach you guys the fine art of tracking," I offer graciously.

Like, seriously.

Am I the greatest friend ever or what?

They are obviously lucky to have me.

Not!

I am the lucky one!

Just look at them! And once your done sighing and blushing, watch how kind and awesome they are.

"I believe he is talking about your impressive senses," Paprika inserts.

"Impressive? Psht. Just slightly above average," I brush off the compliment.

"Cupcake! Don't sell yourself short! You are incredible!" Always rebukes.

"I was with you almost the whole time, and I saw how amazing your senses are. You were able to track them all down by their smell, tracks, and sound," North Star says.

I look down to hide my flaming cheeks and mumble nonsense.

"Now, now, stop embarrassing Coffee Bean," Marc admonishes before adding, "Even though she is absolutely adorable when she is blushing."

This makes me blush even more.

Huh.

I never knew my cheeks could catch fire until now.

"Well, I think we will have to take lessons later. First is the third round," Axel declares.

"Yay! You guys are super fun! I love this game! It's just as fun as Master's game!" I cheer.

"Aw," Meanie cooes adoringly. "That's my little psycho."

I stick my tongue out at him.

I am not crazy!

Wait...

Maybe I am.

Let me check with the voices in my head, first.

"Am I crazy?"

"Psht. No way, Jose. You are unique and genius and different than anyone else in the history of humans. Different, not crazy," Sarah confirms and Star quickly gives her concurrence.

Ha!

I'm not crazy, after all!

Star and Sarah are the bestest!

Now, for the parkour run through the city...

Mr.Blackbourne strides through the door, perfectly on time.

"We need to get this last round done as soon as possible before it starts to get dark."

We did spend a lot of time on the second round...

"We will all be participating. Everyone will carry a camera and Corey and Victor will tap into the city cameras so we can view all the runs. We will all race to the finish line which will be Bob's Diner. To win, you must be their first. There are no means of transportation except your own body. Everyone must have their phone with them in case they get lost. Any questions?"

I tentatively raise my hand and say, "I don't exactly have a phone..."

They all look at me surprised.

"What kind of seventeen year old girl doesn't have a phone?" Brandon asks.

Hey!

There are several of us without phones!