Chapter Eighteen

I sit up and a large portion of the noise fades.

Who is that screaming?

It sounds like multiple voices.

I try not to panic, but being woken up from a night terror to screaming is a little overwhelming.

Okay, that's an understatement.

Victor's door is thrown open as Kota races in. He flung it open so hard that it is slams against the wall and closes itself.

He wraps me up in a hug. Tentatively, I wrap my arms around him and melt into his hug.

"Kota, are you okay?"

Kota pulls back and looks me in the eye.

"No, Sang, are you okay?" Kota asks pointedly

I get a sinking feeling in my stomach. I am pretty sure that I know what he is going to say next, but I still ask, "What are you talking about?"

"Your dream, Sang! This is why you were exercise wasn't it?" Kota asks.

The concern in his green eyes alarms me.

Why did he care so much?

"I'm so sorry, Kota," I mumble sadly. "I didn't mean drag you into my nightmare."

The concern must be for himself.

No one has really cared about me except for Sarah and Star.

Kota sighs, "First off, we were all dragged into it. Second, never apologize for that. Did you do it on purpose?"

His eyes have an intense steel behind them.

I shake my head with fervor. I would never, ever do that to someone in purpose.

Apparently, other people don't like them either.

Master almost killed me when it first started. She only stopped because Star knocked her out and put her back in her bed. Star can only do that on occasion, when she truly believes that Master is going to kill us. Otherwise, Master would figure out what we are doing.

Kota hugs me again, "Sang. It is going to be okay. Do you want to see everyone?"

I don't hesitate before nodding.

I need to see them and make sure that they are okay and not mad at me. If need be, I can always leave and not stay with them so they can sleep.

We stand up and Kota puts his arm around my shoulders.

I gnaw at my lip, nervous about their reactions.

Kota opens the door to show a distressed North Star.

"Sang Baby!" North Star cries and pulls me into a huge hug.

I blush.

North Star is shirtless and hugging me.

Oh, well. It's not like any of them would like me in that way, anyway.

We are, after all, a family.

I push my giddy thoughts away and hug him.

One by one, I give each of them a hug as Kota relays what I told him.

"Ms.Sorenson, is this true?" Mr.Blackbourne asks.

I bit my lip again and nod.

"I really am sorry. I didn't mean to. This is why I exercise; I get too exhausted to project my dreams. I am so sorry," I apologize.