Chapter Fourteen

"Ms.Sorenson, you may get married today," Mr. Blackbourne starts.

I am pretty sure he said something after that, but I was too busy having selective hearing.

"Yes! Yes, yes, yes!" I chanted.

Me and my love will be together forever! I do my happy dance until strong arms still me.

"If, if you answer any and all of our questions, you may marry your frozen dessert."

Shouts broke out at this.

What is it with these boys and shouting?!

"Sarah, deal or no deal?"

Sarah mulls it over before answering, "No deal. Looks like we have to just eat the slushy."

I pout before Sarah explains, "We can't have them asking questions about us. You yourself barely understand."

Star cheers me up saying, "At least we still get to drink the slushy!"

I smile and drink the rest of my pink lemonade slushy.

"The wedding is off! The groom got killed."

The boys look at me aghast.

What? Is there a rule that says you can't kill someone until after you eat them?

Wait!

There is!

I pout.

Now I can't be a black widow!

Oh, well.

I toss my drink behind me not bothering to aim or see where it landed. I knew that Star would help me with my aim.

Paprika looks impressed with my aim so I take a dramatic bow.

"What we gonna do now?" I ask excitedly. These boys are so much fun!

I am glad that I don't have to go back home yet, but I know that the second I do, Master will kill me.

Good thing I have my funeral planned already.

Now I just need to find someone that I can give my will to without weirding them out...

Victor declares, "It is half past five; I am making dinner. Who is helping?"

Silence is heard throughout the room.

I think I hear a cricket chirp.

I tentatively ask, "Am I allowed to help cook again?"

Victor smiles causing his fire eyes to burn brighter. He nods his head.

"Of course you can, Sang! I probably couldn't stop you if you want to."

Definitely.

He meant definitely. He definitely can't stop me if I want to.

The noise in the room resumes.

"I'll help, Victor!" Luke shouts.

"Oy! Don't ****ing forget about me!" Gabriel adds.

Silas says, "I have been wanting to work on my cooking."

"I can make the coffee and drinks!" Marc declares.

"No," Kota says firmly. "You guys should have volunteered when he was asking. Sang and Victor will cook."

I look at Victor and see that he is relieved for some reason.

Meh. Probably not a big deal.

"Come on Princess," Victor says happily.

"Princess?! Where?!"