Chapter Ten

"Oy! North! Trouble wasn't at that **** school! We have to go find— What the **** is going on in here?!" Gabriel shouts as Mr. Blackbourne corrects him, "We will do no such thing. She is not the— oh hello, Ms. Sorenson.

Brandon looks at Gabriel the Meanie and cocks his head, "Trouble?"

"Sang. Duh," Comes Gabriel's response.

They all pile in and I see that all fourteen do in fact know each other. I sit up from where I am laying and stretch my arms and back before blinking away the sleep.

"Mr. Taylor Jr. and Mr. Kershaw Sr. I hope you two have a reason for skipping school to be with Sang," Mr. Blackbourne says sternly.

Doesn't he give a reason in that sentence? To be with me? Meh. They would never skip school to be with me, anyway.

"We didn't. The two of us just ran into Sang and decided to hang out here while we waited for you," North Star clarifies.

A few of the boys relax, but I can't understand why.

"Hi you guys! North Star is right. I went to the library and was looking for a place to eat and stumbled across this awesome diner where North was helping out."

Wait. If they are home from school...

"What time is it?!" I blurt out. I meant to ask Star, but it comes out on accident.

Kota and Star answer at the same time, "3:48."

"Crap! I'm late..." I trail off thinking about the playdate that Master and I would have because of it. It is already my purging day today. I don't think I can have both in the same day.

I start shaking thinking about what was going to happen. My eyes are completely unfocused and I am sorta retreated inside myself.

My shakes grow more violent, my hands become numb, my chest hurts and I can't breathe.

I don't want to die.

Master will kill me.

I think today was worth it, though. I got my first BRFs, two whole meals, to try new foods, a chance to drive, grounded from ever driving again, to fix a motor, and my first hugs.

I resolve myself. I will go home, have fun, Master will cleanse me, and I will die.

I will deal with it. I don't deserve to live anyway. Everyone except me is able to deal with their life. I wonder how bad it will hurt. What toys would she use this time? Would she draw on my back more? How much blood am I going to have to clean up? What—

"Pookie!" A shout breaks through my thoughts.

That is the single most hideous nickname that I have ever heard. Who dares to insult me with that evil?

"Who just called me that?" I ask. My face is blank. Blanker than Mr.Blackbourne's failure of a blank mask. My voice is the definition of creepy and evil. Ice and venom drip from my voice.

They all pale and Corey starts to shake a little.

I make eye contact with all of them.

Gabriel breaks first.

"Oy! Don't look at me like that! It was Sean!"

The name throws me off a little.

"Who?" I question with a cocked head.

Dr.Green smiles at me and raised a hand.

Pug?

"My name is Sean Green, but you can call me yours," He says with a wink.