Complete stranger

It was Monday, Kiba and I never contacted during the weekend even though we should have. Because we should have met up for the festival's planning. But now that we lost time and our school's festival is only three days away.
But our relationship is much more important than this event.
It felt really weird. I have to admit, I do miss him. But I just couldn't bring myself to text him first.
Now that we had such a fight like this, how would I be in the mood to plan for our class about the festival?

I sighed aloud as the thoughts running through my mind began to bury me.

Was I angry at him or myself?
I'm not sure..
Why should I be angry at him anyway..?

I strolled past the school's main gates and to my surprise, Kiba was standing there, waiting for my arrival I assumed.
I ran towards him, full of excitement. And when he caught a glance of me, he smiled in excitement as well.

I bet we looked like idiots to our schoolmates but who gives a fuck. It was like in slow motion of me running into his arms and there were flowers falling from the sky.

Kiba hugged me tightly, "Naruto! I'm sorry! I should have more faith and trust in you!"

I returned his tight embrace, "Kiba! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have walked out on you like that!"

"I should have understood why you got mad." I stated in a more serious tone.

But our dramatic reunion was cut short when we saw the devil, walking past us.
It was Mr. Uchiha, but it felt really different. He didn't even acknowledged our presence. He suddenly felt so distant, like I don't know him anymore.

Kiba eyeballed the teacher, but Sasuke never once glanced his way. Kiba turned back to look at me, "That's weird. He-" Just then the school bell rang, reminding us that it was time for class.

Sasuke's class.

"Hey, Naruto." Kiba called out to me in the hallway, and I halted.
"Wassup?" I turned to look at him. "Let's skip his class." Kiba stupidly suggested as he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Huuuuuh? No way. The exams are nearing and you want to skip classes?"
I understand his intention, but we can't keep on skipping his classes can we?
Eventually we'll have to face him.

"We can't skip classes or we'll be screwed." I warned him again. Besides, Kiba's grades aren't doing well. I'm still surviving, to say the least.

"But you'll be screwed if we don't!"

"Come on. Stop being such a kid." I continued walking to the classroom. With or without him.
"Nothing will happen, I promise you." I stated when I heard footsteps chasing after me.

We entered the classroom, late, because of Kiba's dumb suggestion.
And the entire class stared at us as we interrupted the beginning of Mr.Uchiha's lesson.

The room fell silent, the atmosphere was different. Not only that, Sasuke was different.

"Detention. Both of you." He stated coldly.
All of the students were to afraid to make a sound while we took our seats.

He was like a complete stranger.