Words are weapons

It was the end of the week. Days after the detention incident, Kiba never spoke a word about it. It felt weird, having a subject that we were unable or uncomfortable to talk about. Usually we could talk about anything and everything under the sun. It felt like a barrier between us. Maybe I'm just feeling it now, but has that barrier always been there since Sasuke entered our daily lives?

I've told lies and kept things from Kiba that I shouldn't have. I've done bad shit to betray Kiba.

Yes. The barrier was always there.

Sadly enough.

It was the school's festival. And our class was feeling very motivated and competitive. Somehow, even through their cheering and energy, it didn't rub off on me. I felt down and was always lost in thought. Kiba tried his best to cheer me up but the weirdest thing was, he'd never ask why.

I think he knows why.

God, I'm such a mess.

I don't deserve a guardian angel like Kiba.

What the class and I had planned and set up was an anti-bullying booth. We have balloons that were filled with paint inside of them, and there were different words written on them. Words like - ugly, useless, fat, slut etc. The mean and harsh words used by the bullies. And it is our job to promote our booth to other students. The student would try to throw as many paint-filled balloons at our classmate that is seated on the chair within 10 seconds.

The paint splattered on our classmate represents the impact of the harsh word. Therefore, we hope we could encourage our fellow schoolmates to use strong words like these wisely.

I was glad to see our booth has been quite popular. It hasn't been my turn to sit on the chair yet, I was nervous.

I sure as hell ain't excited about being hit by paint balloons.

Oh no, what if it hurts?

Come on, grow up Naruto! Don't be such a baby.

You can do this!

You can do this!

You can't do thisssss!

My mind wasn't helping so I decided leave the booth to grab a bite. Since it's a festival, there surely will be some great food!

"I'll be back in 10!" I notified Kiba and the others.

As I walked passed other booths to see their ideas and look for snack booths, my mind stumbled on a question.

I haven't seen the Uchiha yet.

I wonder if he came..

I shrugged the thoughts away as soon as I caught sight of a takoyaki (octopus ball) booth. "Yum, yum!" I floated over there in an instance. "Can I have one box of takoyaki please?"

I was handed a box by my schoolmate, I thanked her briefly and returned to my booth. Oh boy, I can't wait to try takoyaki made by our fellow school mate!

"Awwg!" I bumped into someone's shoulder causing me to drop the box of takoyaki. The box immediately landed open and the contents spalted on the ground. "Hey! You're glad it's free!" My teary eyes looked up from the ground to see who it was.

"What's the big deal? I'll get you another one." The fierce teacher answered, hands buried in his pockets.

Why is it always him?!

And why do I keep dropping food?!

"That..that's not the point!" I shifted my eyes, avoiding his piercing gaze.

"Naruto.. You know I'm not giving up, right?" His voice was cool and deep, tone trailed with passion.

"Huh..? W-what do y..you mean?" My sight fixed on the messed up takoyaki on the ground. My body was beginning to feel hot, I felt extremely nervous.

"I'm not giving up on you."