Dinner time

Mr Uchiha and I were unpacking, actually mostly Mr Uchiha. I was too lazy to settle in, I was just laying in the soft comfy bed and tucked under silky smooth white sheets. My eyes glued on the wide screen television displaying everything in high definition.

"Hey, would you like me to help you unpack?" His deep voice interrupted my television program,"Hm, yeah sure whatever." I brushed him off, too focused on the show. I heard the unzipping sound of my bag and his hands ruffling through my items and clothes. My eyes diverted to him and the cupboard.

"Wow, Mr Uchiha. Do you seriously need that much clothes for a weekend?" I asked, looking at the cupboard with the little space left for my clothes. "Everything I do is to impress you." He simply uttered while unpacking. "And do you seriously need that much instant ramen?"

"What? I'm afraid I won't be able to get used to high class food, better safe than sorry right?" I chuckled as I watched him take cups and cups of instant ramen out of my bag.

"Tsk. And only one underwear?"

"Pervert!! I only need one a day anyway!" I folded my arms, trying to fight off the heat forming in my body, raising up to my face.

"Not afraid you'll get it dirty?" His smirk so wide, I feared for the rest of the weekend to come.

Sharing a hotel room with him might just be the worst decision I have made in my entire life.

It was six and everyone was heading down for the buffet dinner. Everyone was so dressed up because after the dinner, it would be time for the party. The party I really didn't feel like going. "Hello Class Alpha, please take your seats." The principal announced with a microphone in hand, on a raised platform in the restaurant. "I would like to thank all of you for participating in the School's annual festival. And I would also like to thank all of you for the hard work you've put into your booth and performance." She continued as everyone began to clap and cheer.

"Now please reward yourselves and have a great time this weekend!" I heard Tsunade congratulating us as my class began to queue up for the buffet, choosing which dishes they like and placing them on their own massive plates. I had very little appetite, so my portions were quite small. Behind me was Choji, and he was scooping food to his plate like it was his last meal. Shikamaru was right behind Choji. But Sasuke Uchiha was no where to be seen.

As we made it back to our table, I was scanning the area for that teacher. My eyes finally found him, he was seated with a few other teachers including Ms. Haruno and principal Tsunade. They all looked so overjoyed, chit chatting over dinner. Especially, the woman sitting closely to Sasuke.

Then, I suddenly recalled the encounter with her at Sasuke's office.

That's right..

Ms. Haruno fancies him, doesn't she?

....

When I snapped back to reality, Sasuke caught me gazing at him, and grinned at me from afar. As soon as I realized I was caught, I quickly turn my head back to my table and I was blushing heavily.

I was chomping down on my food even faster than Choji because I was embarrassed. But I slowed down when I recalled about the party we were going to attend after this. I doubt Sasuke can come along since it's a student party..

I suddenly felt so vulnerable knowing he won't be there to protect me from the pain I will face..

...

NARUTO UZUMAKI. SNAP OUT OF IT. YOU DONT NEED HIM. YOU DONT NEED HIM. YOU DONT NEED HIM!

I was so flustered as my fingers ran through my hair violently.

That's right, I will do fine on my own! I am an independent 18 year old boy. I shouldn't need a teacher by my side to face this!

But deep inside I felt so unsure of everything..