Chapter 1: Operation Kraken

Your POV

I managed to duck behind a wall and apply pressure to the bullet wound in my shoulder. The bullet didn't go through, it's still lodged in my shoulder. I grit my teeth and begin searching for the bullet, finding and ripping it out seconds later. I can barely lift my pistol, let alone lift a gun. I hear footsteps coming towards me and grow to a halt next to where I'm leaning. The man next to me kneels down to my side and whispers into my ear. "Lights out fucker." He cocks his automatic rifle and aims it at my head. He never gets a chance to pull the trigger as a gunshot is heard down the corridor and he drops dead at my side. More footsteps, followed by a gun dropping and someone yelling. "Oh my god, (Y/N)! Doc, I need immediate assistance down on floor 18 now!" As I'm closing my eyes, laying in a pool of my own blood one thought crosses my mind: How did I get here?

Flashback: 9 months ago (Your POV)

"Everyone in position?" I reached my hand up to my earpiece and pressed it to radio in with Grim. "Ghost is in position, over." My other 2 squadmates also check-in. "This is Wolf, Wave and I are in position, over." "Copy. Ghost, we'll wait for your shot and we'll breach once we see the power out, over and out." I remove my hand from my earpiece and place it on the trigger of my 50 cal rifle, aiming down the sight at my objective. The rebels' generator was in plain view and powered almost the entire compound they had started using as their main base of operations and also their main prison camp. I began to focus on my target and slowed my breathing, preparing to take the shot that could end operation Kraken before it even began. I pulled the trigger and almost immediately the entire compound's lights went out, signalling I had hit my mark. I looked to the South of the compound and saw Wolf and Wave throw a flashbang inside the main hallway before breaching in, firing their weapons as they entered. To the North, I could see Grim entering through the back door and giving me the signal to come down from my position and assist him with rescuing the US soldiers that had been taken hostage. I slung my rifle over my back and began my descent off the watchtower, taking care to remain quiet but still not keep Grim waiting. 

3rd Person

(Y/N) decided to disobey Grim's orders and chose to go through a window he'd seen from his sniping position in the East. He carefully walked over to the window, picked the lock and hopped through it. After walking around the base for a couple of minutes he heard rapid footsteps and ducked behind a crate nearby, once the footsteps had died down he decided to follow them and see where they were hurrying to in such a rush. (Y/N) walked down a corridor and saw Grim on his knees, hands in the air and multiple guns aimed at his head. One of the rebels walked over to Grim and kicked him in the chin, then brought his head back down onto the floor. "Who do you work for? FBI, US Army?" Grim looked up at the rebel and spat at him. "How about, go fuck yourself?" The rebels in the room smiled and laughed a little, confusing both Grim and Ghost. The rebel asked him the same question again. "Who do you work for? FBI, US Army?" Yet again, Grim said the exact same thing to them which caused more laughter. (Y/N) was now sneaking into the room from behind all of the enemies and once he entered, he began snapping their necks until he was up to the rebel who was interrogating Grim. "Last time, who do you work for?" Grim smiled and pointed behind the rebel. "Why not ask my friend over there?" The rebel's eyes widened as he turned around, only to be met with a punch in the face from Ghost. Ghost took out his Deagle and pointed it at the rebel's head while Grim stood up and reclaimed his weapons. "Where's the prison? Tell me and maybe I'll consider not shooting your most valuable asset and leaving you to bleed to death." "Ok ok, chill the fuck out! The prison is down the hallway and take the next left down a staircase, the keys should be on a table just outside the door." Ghost nodded and put his Deagle back in his holster. Grim walked forward and shot the rebel in the balls, causing him to scream in pain and curl into a ball crying. "He may have promised, but I sure as shit didn't. Come on Ghost, let's go." The 2 men left the room and followed the rebel's directions and came to a door with a table outside, and on that table was a pair of keys. Grim grabbed the keys and put one into the lock, the key turned and the door opened. Ghost and Grim walked inside to see 8 cells, 6 contained 2 soldiers per cell and the other 2 contained 2 civilians and a child. Ghost took the keys and walked to every cell, unlocking the door and then dropped the keys to the floor. The soldiers all nodded in thanks and went through another door to retrieve their weapons and take some ammo. Ghost noticed a small child with her mother and took off his helmet as to not scare either of them. "Hey, my name is (Y/N). I'm here to rescue you but you're going to have to do exactly as I say, ok?" The 2 nodded and stood up to follow after him while he put his helmet back on. "Grim, I'll take point. The civilians are our top priority now and must be extracted unharmed. Wolf, Wave I need you two down in the North Wing now, over." The gunfire from another part of the building ceased before a reply came. "Copy, we'll meet you there ASAP. All rebels we've come across have been eliminated, but we don't know if reinforcements were alerted so we may want to move fast." "Copy that, once we meet up I'll signal the chopper for extraction. See you in a few, out." Ghost led the group through the hallways until they came across the North Wing, seeing Wolf and Wave jogging down the corridor toward them. Wolf walked past Ghost and smashed a window, tossing a flare outside onto the ground below. Wave opened the doors to the North Wing with Ghost in tow. The group exited through the door Grim entered through earlier, to see their extraction helicopter landing. They all boarded the chopper and it took off, taking everyone back towards the US camp.

Your POV

As I sat down breathing heavily, I could feel Grim glaring at me through his balaclava. I raised my eyebrow at him underneath mine and leaned back in my seat. "Problem?" Grim nodded and stood up. "Yeah, why the fuck didn't you go through the Northside with me as I ordered you to? I'm pretty sure I made it clear to stick to the plan, didn't I?" He looked over at Wave and Wolf for support, Wave looked out the window while whistling and Wolf raised his hands. "Woah dude, don't bring us into this." Grim glared at them before returning his gaze to me. "Grim, why does it even matter? We still completed the mission and everyone left without a scratch so I don't know why you're bitching about it so much." "Because I'm your squad leader and I expect you to follow my fucking orders! One day it could get all of us killed and then what? Guys like us are hard to come by Ghost." Grim stormed off towards the front of the chopper and sat in the co-pilot seat with his arms crossed. I sighed and leaned my head back and slowly drifted off to sleep.