Chapter 3: Unexpected Reunion

Timeskip: Landing at Hereford (Your POV)

I groggily open my eyes as I feel Sledge gently shaking my shoulder. "Wake up mate, we're at Hereford." I brush his hand off my shoulder and begin stretching while standing up, Sledge opening the door as I do so. We both jump out of the chopper to be met with a woman holding a tablet. "Ah, I presume that you're Ghost. It's a pleasure to meet you, you may call me Six." I shake her hand while Sledge grabs my duffel bag out of the chopper behind me. "Good to finally meet the infamous Six. If I'm being honest, I thought you'd be a bit more... male" Six, Sledge and the pilot all looked at each other and then to me before bursting into laughter, making my eyebrow raise. Once the three had calmed down, the pilot patted me on the shoulder before walking towards Hereford. "Don't worry, we're not taking the piss out of you. That's just what every operator says when they first meet Six." I nodded in response to the pilot and slightly smile to myself, Six begins walking after the pilot with me and Sledge walking behind Six. To my right, I could see a dozen recruits going through an obstacle course and failing miserably. To my left, I could see a weapon range with multiple types of weapons and even some experimental gear that looked like it was waiting to be tested for approval. We continued walking through the base until we stopped at a doorway that led into the cafeteria where all the operators from other CTUs were sat around eating their lunch, drinking or just talking and having fun. Once one of the members of the FBI table saw Six he instantly stood up, causing the others to look at the doorway and also stand once they saw Six. "Afternoon ladies and gentleman, this is our newest member. His name is not of importance and he will tell you of his own accord, for now, you may call him Ghost. He is not part of any CTU but was part of an elite squad based in Syria. I expect you to treat him as you would treat anyone else. Ok, you may continue with what you were doing, we will be holding training simulations later so start prepping your gear within the next hour." Six looked at all the operators as they sat down, then looked at me before walking out the cafeteria, down the corridor and out of sight. I looked towards everyone else and my eyes fell upon the table consisting of SAS members, Sledge noticed this and looked at me. "Looking at my squad, huh? You know any of them there?" I nodded while looking at one member in particular: Thatcher. "Yeah, I think I do as a matter of fact." I began walking over and sat down across from Thatcher, with a man with a taped X across his gas mask on my left, while Sledge slid into the spot on my right. I cleared my throat which caused Thatcher to look up at me. "Fancy seeing you here, you damn fossil." Thatcher picked up the fork next to him and pointed at me threateningly, resting one of his hands on the table. "What did you fookin' call me? Say that again and I'm gonna stick this where the sun don't shine, you little shit." I laughed and lifted my balaclava up to reveal my face to my old friend and mentor. "Mike, chill out. It's me." Thatcher stared at me in disbelief before giving me a warm smile, walking over and giving me a massive hug, dropping the fork on the table next to him. "It's great to see you, lad. What are you doing here?" Thatcher releases me and walks back to his side of the table, and the two of us take our seats. "Pretty simple, I kicked so much ass they had to send me off to give the others a chance for some fun." The four Brits and I shared a laugh as the man next to me and the other one next to Thatcher take off their masks and place them on the table. "Well, it seems you've already met Seamus so let me introduce you to the other 2. The guy next you is Mark "Mute" Chandar, and this one next to me is James "Smoke" Porter." The 2 men shake my hand once Thatcher had introduced them. By this point some of the other operators had begun to look over to where we were talking, making me feel rather uneasy. I stood up and excused myself to my room. After around 20 minutes of walking, I realized I didn't have a clue of where my room even was. Fortunately, I spotted Mute and Smoke walking along the corridor ahead of me, talking about the training simulation later today. I jogged up behind them and tapped Mute on the shoulder. "Hey Mark, do you happen to know where my room is? I kinda forgot to ask Seamus to show it to me." The two laughed before they calmed themselves down and began leading me towards my room, in the complete opposite direction to the way I was originally going. Once we got to a long hallway, Mute and Smoke both stopped and turned to face me. "Ok, your room is the 5th door on the left side. But, do be careful. Dokkaebi and Ela are in the rooms next to you, and they love to pull pranks on unfortunate souls such as us." I nodded at them and began walking down to my room. Once I opened the door, my eyes widened at the sight before me. There were weapon parts, gadgets, rubbish, dirty dishes, old food and lots of clothes just scattered around the room, making the room look like it had been hit by a tornado. I sighed as I saw my duffel bag next to my foot and a bucket of cleaning supplies with a note saying: Good luck (Y/N)! From Mike. "This is gonna be a long afternoon."