Chapter 26: Preparations

3 Days Later (Your POV)

Currently, Vigil, Lesion, Maestro, Castle and I are just sat in the cafeteria discussing day plans over breakfast. Everything is so relaxed for once, Vigil has even taken off his mask. Lesion and Maestro have begun arguing about their gadgets while the rest of us make sure that it doesn't get violent. Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I turn to see a sweating and blood covered Caveira holding her signature knife. "Finally made him break, he told me where the base is." After saying this, the others go silent as she throws a clipboard onto the table with pictures and information written on the pages. I pick up the clipboard and have a look at everything on one page which has 'Need more expertise' written on it. "Taina, what do you mean by this?" Caveira looks at what I'm pointing at before sighing and sitting next to me while drying her forehead. "Security is too strong for us to crack, even Grace can't get close. We need to hire someone at the top of the hacking field. Thankfully, Six already gave me an idea for a particular group who could help us." I give her a nod while standing up and flipping through the rest of the pages until my eyes fall upon an unusual name. "DedSec? " Caveira nods at me while flipping to the next page and showing a map of the US with San Fransico being circled. "We know they're in this city but we have no idea how to contact them." I give the clipboard back to Caveira and begin walking towards my room with her next to me. "Taina, get geared up. You and I are going to San Fransisco.

The Next Day

Caveira, Dokkaebi and I are sat in a cafe while looking over the notes of this hacker group that she keeps mentioning. "I'm telling you, it's worth finding them." Placing the clipboard down with a sigh, I look up at her. "I never said they weren't worth it, I just didn't think that it would be so difficult." The Brazilian woman sighs while leaning back in her chair and staring across the street. Following her eyes, I see that she's looking at what appears to be a figurine shop. "You're interested in those?" Receiving a scoff in response, I take it that's a no. "I couldn't care about them. However, one of my brothers loves that sort of stuff so I was thinking of buying him one while we're here. I know, it's not the point of being here but-" Holding a hand up, Caveira stops talking as she looks at me. "We do need to act like tourists, remember? Might as well try to blend in." Dokkaebi tugs on my sleeve while fidgeting in her seat. "Can we go to Chinatown later? I've heard they've got some really cool stuff there. Cosplayers too!" I smile at Dokkaebi while she gets more and more excited as she explains everything in Chinatown. "Yes, Grace. We can go there too." Caveira finishes her drink and stands up while placing some money on the table. Dokkaebi and I finish our drinks and the three of us walk across the street to the game store and see that there are people in the middle of a game on two separate tables. Hearing the bell ring, the guy behind the counter looks up from painting his figure and gives us a smile. "Afternoon, my name is Derek. If any of you need some help finding things just ask!" Caveira steps forward and starts talking to the man, leaving me and Dokkaebi standing there awkwardly before the two of us split off and start looking at the shelves. While I'm flipping through a guide on game mechanics, I hear a mechanical noise from the back room and see a sliding door with a keypad closing with stickers of DedSec all over the place. I grab Dokkaebi and send a text to Caveira telling her to stall the manager while the two of us get through the back. Seeing her nod at me, I show Dokkaebi the door. Upon seeing the door, she pulls out some kind of device to scan for fingerprints to find the numbers used the most. After a minute of scanning, she starts pressing the pad and the door opens, much to her surprise. "You'd think a notorious hacker group would have better security, huh?" Chuckling at her, I gesture her to stay at the top of the stairs while I walk down. Keeping a hand on the pistol strapped to my side, I reach the bottom of the staircase and look around the room. 3D printer, spray paint stencils, a sofa, multiple TVs, some desks and lots of computers are throughout the average sized basement. After taking a few more steps, I feel a coldness on the back of my head. Recognising it as the barrel of a gun, I raise my hands above my head as the mystery person searches me and takes my own firearm. "Hey, guys! Got someone who doesn't belong here!" 3 men and a woman walk around the corner with raises eyebrows and look shocked to see someone else apart from them in the room. The guy with the blue jacket steps forward and starts tapping on his phone while looking at me. "Alright. We don't need to go through the whole 'Who are you?' procedure because we already got your name and everything we need to know." Smiling at the man, I gently lower my arms, causing the barrel to be pressed harder into my head. "Chill the fuck out, I've been needing to talk to you guys. Well, specifically DedSec but after hearing that it's obvious that's you guys." Behind me, the gun is lowered and the wielder walks in front of me showing off his mask with changing emotions. "Start talking." The masked guy hands me back my pistol while keeping his shotgun aimed at me, daring me to make a move. "You guys probably already know who I work for but we need your help. We found our enemy's base but we can't crack the security. My friend figured that if anyone can, then it'd be you guys. We promise to pay you for your services and even offer you all jobs and immunity from prosecution of your...endeavours." Hearing this, everyone in the room suddenly becomes interested in the deal and start talking amongst themselves, except for the masked guy. He gives me a thumbs up while lowering his gun. "No matter what they say, I'm in. It'd be nice to work with the law instead of against it. Name's Wrench, the pleasure's all mine." Giving Wrench a smile, I see that the others have finished and turned to face me. The woman walks forward with an outstretched hand and a smile. "We'll help. You better be telling the truth though otherwise, you're in for one hell of a reckoning." Shaking hands with the woman, the others each give me a wave, thumbs up or a head nod. That's one part of the team collected, two more to go.