Chapter 23: Welcome Back

10 Minutes Later (Your POV)

The room was completely silent. The only people in the room who knew the full story was Alibi and Thatcher, I decided to leave some details out when telling the others in the helicopter earlier. Alibi places a hand on my shoulder while giving me a sympathetic look, I'm going to go ahead and guess that the glares she's getting just doubled in intensity. "So, I take it that your job isn't over, is it?" Thermite steps forward with his arms crossed and a raised eyebrow. I shake my head, earning a slight sigh and smile in response. "Kind of hoping that would be the case. If you're going after Lopez's boss, then I'm going with you. Nobody fucks with my bro and gets to live." Everyone nods in agreement while high-fiving each other and cheering. "Ok, it's settled then. Taina, go interrogate our new 'friend' and make him tell us what he knows. Don't kill him though, I want the pleasure of doing it myself." Caveira nods at me with a smile and walks out of the room. As much as I hate Lopez, I feel bad for what he's about to go through. Lion clears his throat and steps forward holding a drone in one hand and a blueprint in the other. (A flying drone in case you were wondering.) He hands both of the items over to me with a smug look. "Just as you requested. Sorry, it took so long to complete, it's just rather complicated tech to deal with such a small design." I raise a hand at Lion which causes him to let out a sigh. "Relax, it's perfect. This will definitely make things a lot easier in the future. Nice job, Olivier." Lion gives me a thumbs up before returning to the rest of the group. Alibi taps me on the shoulder and tilts her head to the corner, guess she wants to speak with me. While walking over, I can feel the glares getting more and more intense. Leaning against the wall, she sighs as she looks to the ground. "I just want to make sure that everything's ok between us, given how the whole...split went." Leaning next to her, I simply place a hand on her shoulder with a smile. "Relax, we're fine. What's happened has happened and we can't change that. Just wish that it had gone a bit different." The two of us share a smile with each other, I've missed being with her. Out of nowhere, my left forearm begins to explode in pain and I look down to see Valkyrie holding onto it. "Meghan, please let go. I'm in a lot of pain." Valkyrie raises an eyebrow as she removes her hand from my arm and begins to roll up my sleeve, stopping once she sees the blood starting to flow down. "I take it that's a present from Lopez?" Nodding, I fully roll up my sleeve and gesture to Doc for me to follow me. Doc and I leave the cafeteria and begin walking down the hall to the medical area without saying a word to each other. Once inside, Doc gestures for me to take a seat as he turns to grab some things from a drawer. "So, (Y/N), have you made a choice yet?" Turning around with stitching supplies, Doc raises an eyebrow. "Care to elaborate a bit more, Gustave?" With a sigh, Doc begins to apply alcohol to a rag and begins to clean my arm. "On who you're going to go out with, it's pretty sad to watch at this point. Personally, I think you and Emma would make a cute couple." Scoffing at him, I look around his room as he finishes cleaning my arm. "You're just saying that because you two are pretty much best friends." Doc chuckles slightly as he begins to stitch up the wound, causing me to grip onto the table with my free arm and grit my teeth. "That may be, but I still think you two would be a good match." Rook walks in and grabs a chair from Doc's desk then places himself next to us. "No way Gustave, I say him and Monika. From what I hear, their date went pretty well. Apart from him blowing up at the end." All three of us laugh as Doc finishes up and begins to apply more bandages. Jackal coughs from the doorway and leans on the wall next to us. "Come on guys, Tina is clearly a better match." The fact that three of my friends are arguing which incredibly deadly woman that I'm more compatible with is actually rather amusing. Out of nowhere, Zofia slides into the room while panting. "Hell no, my sister is clearly the best. Bosak for the win!" Zofia pulls up another chair and places herself next to Rook while catching her breath. "Chill guys, I'm figuring out whether it's for the best, to be honest. In our line of work, it gives us another way to get hurt. Another way to get distracted. I'm not choosing until the threat is gone, I'm not risking it." The room is silent as Doc finishes bandaging my arm and pats my leg to signal that I'm able to go. Standing up, I wave at the others and walk out the door with one thought on my mind: Why is everything so complicated?

The Next Day

Six has called for a meeting in the cafeteria to introduce three new operators, despite the fact that we only recently got Alibi and Maestro. Pushing open the doors, I see that apart from Dokkaebi and Echo I'm the only one not present. Not really paying attention, I take a seat and realise that I've sat down next to Ash. The redhead turns to me with a smile while taking off her signature sunglasses. "I was wondering when we'd get a chance to talk, I've kinda missed you." Mira scoffs from across the table, causing me and Ash to look at her. "We all have, Eliza. Some more than others." As she says this, Mira looks over at Thatcher and Ela, who are happily chatting away with each other with the Russians and Castle. "Chill, Elena. I was only saying." Six stands at the front of the cafeteria and clears her throat with three figures next to her. "I take it Grace and Masaru have overslept again?" Not a second after she says this, the doors open to reveal the two weebs half asleep, with Dokkaebi still in her custom PJ trousers. "Nevermind. As you are aware, we have three more members joining us today. This is Clash, Maverick and Phantom. I trust you'll give them a warm welcome." Clash and Maverick smile while Phantom just stands there with his face hidden behind his mask. Six says something to the three of them and then leaves, with the new members walking from the front. Clash sits over with the SAS and Thatcher comes to join them, Maverick goes and sits with the SEALS, Thermite and Pulse and Phantom sits next to Caveira. Much to everyone's surprise, Caveira is actually really talkative with him. After a few minutes, Phantom takes off his helmet and gives everyone a chance to see his face. Brown hair, brown eyes, small beard and a warm smile. More people have gone to that table until it was full and even then they just stood around as Phantom was telling them a story, it's good that people are smiling again. I guess my 'death' really did depress people, good thing this new guy is helping morale. Things are starting to get back to normal again. For now, anyway.

A/N

Guess whos back, back again? That's right, you're friendly neighbourhood Tempest. Before I am hit with a barrage of comments asking why I didn't stick to the date I set, I got one word for y'all: School. Jesus Christ, where to start. To keep it simple: It's been a shit storm so far. The main reason I wrote this was out of guilt but as I was writing I started to regain that motivation, so with luck, I should be updating frequently again. Due to me being in Year 11 though, I may have to change it from a chapter every 5 days and make it once a week. On another note, I've come to a realisation that this book will soon be at a close. If I think of it this way, I may only be able to get another 10-15 chapters out of this book before it's over. On a lighter note, I do have quite a nice surprise for all you: I'm letting you choose the end result of Ghosts' love life. That's right, you guys will choose how this story will finish up. Personally, I kinda wanted to do Valkyrie and Ghost but I thought that this would be more interesting (and the fact that I don't have to choose myself and can't get blamed for salty people not getting their ship XD). Regardless, I am once again the top story in the Siege tag, yeet. I've taken enough of your time, adios my lads! 

Edit: So I went to change my username and it turns out Tempest was taken. That sucks. I went to change to to Tempest303, that was also taken. So, I am now known as Tempest606. That good or should I revert back to my previous name?