Chapter 28: Operation Blackjack (Part 1)

2 Days Later (Your POV)

Here we are, the most dangerous units in the entire world, all gathered into one room with one goal: Destruction of the White Masks. Once The Remnants had arrived, the rest of my old squad arrived along with Sam Fisher and the Ghosts. Everyone was talking to each other rather pleasantly, that was until I heard shouting from the other side of the room, grabbing the attention of almost everyone. Pushing through the crowd, I see Thatcher and Lion having another argument with each other, seemingly about who will be leading each team. "How many times must I tell you this, old man? I'll be leading our squad!" Thatcher looks like he's about to blow a fuse and go mental at Lion, thankfully Maverick and Montagne hold him back and prevent him from moving his arms. "Call me old one more time and I'll show you that with age comes wisdom, and I'll use that wisdom to kick your fookin' teeth in!" Hearing some cheers and whoops from the others in the room, presumably Dingo, Wolverine and Phantom, I decide that I should probably step in. "That's enough! Since both of you want to act like children, I'll treat you like children. Monika, you're their squad leader now. If either of them bitch then just tell me, I'll deal with them myself." Finishing that sentence with a glare, the two of them back down and walk away from each other while IQ rolls her eyes and nods at me with a smile. Hearing someone clear their throat, I turn around and see Six at the door, raising an eyebrow at me. "Interesting approach, (Y/N). I wouldn't have done it differently myself, I'm impressed." Six gives me an approving smile while walking forward to the centre of the room and opening the laptop placed on the circular table. Once finished typing, Six turns on the projector and displays an image of a large office complex and a warehouse attached to it with different things marked on it. "Alright, thanks to DedSec, we now know exactly what the layout of their base of operation is. We don't know exactly where their leader is but we assume that they'd be in the head office. A team of 5 led by Ghost will storm the head office and eliminate them and clean up whatever is in the warehouse. Ghost, select your team and give out orders." Stepping forward, I look around the room and begin thinking of the perfect team to go with me. "I'll take Phantom, Phoenix, Sam and Storm. Alright, here's what's going to happen. I want Ghost squad to go in through the North with the 2 remaining members of Division, led by Nomad with Weaver on this hill providing cover fire. At the South, I want Glaz perched on this hill here and doing the same as Weaver with 2 squads, squad 1 will consist of IQ, Thatcher, Lion, Montagne and Ash, led by IQ. Squad 2 will be made up of Blitz, Finka, Ying, Sledge and Thermite and will be led by Thermite. On the West side, I want The Remnants breaching in, led by Snake. East squad 1 will be Fuze, Hibana, Twitch, Buck and Capitao, led by Hibana. East squad 2 will be Jackal, Blackbeard, Maverick, Dokkaebi and Zofia, led by Zofia. Everyone have any problems, say them now." Nobody says a word and looks between them to see if anyone else was planning on speaking. After a moment of silence, I turn off the projector and look towards the GIGN defenders. "Gustave, I want you there as medical personnel in case of any injuries that need to be treated. Julien, I want you to hand out your plates to everyone, even the defence operators. Speaking of which, defence ops will remain here. I have a feeling that they'll come for us while we go after them, I want you all to set up defences while we're out and keep this place locked down harder than Echo's anime collection" Upon saying this, people begin to laugh and Echo protesting at me in the back of the crowd made them laugh harder. Six steps forward as everyone goes silent and looks between all of us. "Alright, I want everyone to be ready in the next 24 hours. If there are any issues then come and see me within those 24 hours, you are all dismissed." Operation Blackjack is now in effect.