Chapter 19: Interrogation

15 years ago (3rd POV)

Today had been like any other for (Y/N). He'd gone to school, defended his friend from being bullied, did track after school and was now walking home. Except today would be different, very different. As he was walking down the street he currently lived on, he noticed something very strange. There were a lot of black vans with some sort of logo on the side either driving around the block or parked up and down the street, with the majority being parked outside of his house. He began to walk a little faster before breaking out into a run and then sprinting towards his house. (Y/N) ran up his porch and shoulder barged the door open to see his hallway filled with blood, bullet holes and bodies. (Y/N) didn't notice the man slowly creeping up behind him with a baseball bat until it was too late, being hit in the temple and falling unconscious.

3 Hours Later (3rd POV)

(Y/N) slowly opened his eyes and blinked the blood away from his vision. He began to look around the dimly lit room and notice that there were two unconscious people in cages on the other side of the room, he instantly knew who these 2 people were. His parents. He started to struggle in the chair that he'd been tied to. A man came into the room after a minute that (Y/N) had been struggling and punched him in the head multiple times until the struggling stopped. (Y/N)'s parents began waking up and banging on the bars while yelling his name, screaming threats at the man attacking him.  He then walked over to the cages and unlocked the cage holding (Y/N)'s mother, then forced her onto her knees in front of him and placed a gun to her head. Both (Y/N) and his father were begging him to kill them instead, but the man ignored them and pulled the trigger. The room went silent, only the faint trickling of blood could be heard before footsteps towards the second cage and the sound of the key turning in the lock. (Y/N)'s father was then dropped to his knees in front of him and then had the same gun against his head. (Y/N)'s father looked into his son's eyes and muttered 3 words before the triggered was pulled. "We love you." His body then fell next to his wife's, in front of their heartbroken son. The man laughed before exiting the room and placing the gun and the keys on the table outside the door.

3 months later (Your POV)

It's been three months since my parents were killed in front of me, by their own boss. Turns out that he was working with a terrorist group and they were using my parents as a scare tactic to other people who openly opposed them. In those three months, I've learned their patterns from inside this tiny cell. I've also been tortured, beaten, experimented on and interrogated, It's been Hell on Earth but today is the day that it ends. Today is the day I break out of this godforsaken place and get revenge for my parents. My torturer for the day walks into the cell with his usual equipment, including his knife. He kicks me in the head and kicks me in the ribs multiple times, causing me to cough up some blood. He drags me to my feet and places the crowbar at my kneecap, ready to strike. Without a second thought, I grab the knife strapped to his belt and plunged it straight into his throat repeatedly until his body drops to the floor and stops moving. I can't comprehend what I've just done. I took someone's life. Granted, he was a piece of shit but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Before I have time to think, the cell door opens and another guard walks in and his eyes widen at the sight before him. Since when was he part of this pattern? Screw it, no turning back now. The guard in front of me still hasn't fully processed what's happened and just stares blankly at the corpse. I run forward and stab him in the knee then dig the knife into his throat and wipe the blood off on my sleeve. I walk out of the cell and stick to the shadows, hearing guards yelling and gunshots in the distance. I've almost made it to the exit of my prison before I'm shot in the leg and drop to the floor, feeling a foot pressed onto my spine in order to prevent me from escaping. "Where are you going, worm?" As soon as those words leave his mouth, a gunshot is heard from down the hall and his body falls on top of me. A man with a gas mask and patch that said SAS moves the body off of me and picks me up gently. He carries me out the building and past his friends, who look on in confusion and carefully places me on a helicopter. "Wicker, Thistle, Flint, we're going! We've got who we came for!" The other three keep firing at the men leaving the building but quickly become overwhelmed and pinned down. I grab the sidearm that the man next to me had in his holster and start firing at the guards, managing to land a few hits and one or two headshots. I'm thankful that Dad took me to the gun range, despite how my mother hated it, and taught me how to defend myself. The rest of the man's squad all sprint and leap into the helicopter, not letting go of their triggers until they heard the click of an empty magazine. The man who saved me looked over to the pilot and began yelling at him. "Fookin' take off, now!" The pilot does so and soon enough we're out of range from my captors, I'm finally free. I let out a sigh of relief, as do the others. My saviour looks at me and lifts up his mask with a smile. "I'm Mike Baker, but you can call me Thatcher if you want. What's your name, kid?" I look up at him with a blank expression. "(Y/N)." Behind me, I hear one of the squad members clear their throat while looking at me. "Where are your parents?" I look down at the floor and all the memories begin to flood back and a realisation hits me: I never killed the man who killed my parents, Lopez is still alive. I spend the rest of the helicopter ride in silence. Thatcher mentions something about taking me under his wing and teaching me how to survive, but I don't really pay attention. I'm only thinking about one thing: Revenge.