Chapter 9: Jealousy

The Next Morning (Your POV)

I opened my eyes and instantly began getting pins and needs all over my body the second I began to move. Once I was able to move, I noticed that Ela still had hold of my hand from the previous night. I gently began to remove my hand from her grasp, causing her to begin whining in her sleep. I rubbed her arm to let her know I was still there and she stopped whining and continued to sleep soundly. I turned towards the door and reached out for the handle, only to have it be opened from the other side. My eyes widened as I was met with surprised looks from IQ and Ash, those surprised looks quickly turned into looks of anger. Ash took a step towards me, making our noses inches apart. "So, you and Ela. Gotta admit, didn't think you'd fuck her just yet." Monika stepped forward and gently pulled Eliza away from me before looking towards me. "Honestly Ghost, I expected better from you." I give them a deadpan look while the two glared back at me, making me sigh in annoyance. "Look, nothing happened. Ela was just having nightmares and wanted me to stay with her so she didn't freak out. Besides, why would it matter who I sleep with? Wait, you're not jealous, are you?" Eliza and Monika both go red while they start looking at everything except for me or each other. I sigh and walk past them in the direction of the cafeteria, bumping into the SAS and GIGN guys on the way. "Hey Mike, hey guys." Everyone gives me various greetings while Rook is moaning about plates while Doc keeps giving him an annoyed look. Deciding not to get involved, I begin to talk with everyone but Rook and Doc. By the time we arrive at the cafeteria, we've gotten onto the subjects of relationships. All of us sit down while Thatcher talks about previous girlfriends and then suddenly turns the subject onto me. "What about you (Y/N)? You ever had any sort of action?" I roll my eyes at him while placing a hand on my chin and begin to think back. "Well, I did have a girlfriend a few years ago. Turns out she was batshit insane, accused me of cheating on her and then tried to stab me. If I hadn't of been learning hand to hand combat at the time I probably wouldn't be alive right now. Thankfully, she went to prison and she's still got a year or so. If she tries to come back I'll probably set Ela on her, that girl might be adorable but boy is she scary when she's mad." All of us begin to laugh while other operators begin to walk in half asleep, the guys smiling over at us while I received cold looks from the girls. I decide to shrug it off as Pulse, Castle, Jackal, Vigil and Buck sat down at our table with us. I felt a slight tap on my back and turned around to see Valkyrie looking at me with a warm smile. "Morning Ghost, you feeling ok? Zofia called and told me what happened." I hold up my right hand which has dried blood on it from last night and has swollen greatly. I can feel everyone's eyes widen at my hand while Pulse just whistles while cringing a little bit, Valkyrie pulls me to my feet and begins to drag me out of the cafeteria and towards the medical bay. Every so often, I could see Meghan taking worried glances at my hand while following the directions towards the medical bay. "Seriously Meghan, it's not as bad as you think. I'll manage." She comes to a stop before giving me an angry look while standing inches from me. "I don't care if you think you can manage, I'm still doing what needs to be done. Now, shut up before I break your wrist and give you a reason to go to the medical bay." I frantically nod at her before she begins to drag me again. Once we arrive, she points at a chair for me to sit in while she grabs bandages. I roll my eyes and sit in the chair. She returns a few seconds later holding bandages and some alcohol. "Can you at least let me clean and bandage it? I'll feel better knowing that you won't be risking an infection." I nod at her while she begins to gently pour the alcohol onto my knuckles, making me grip the chair with my other hand from the stinging. After a few minutes, my knuckles have been cleaned and bandaged. Valkyrie smiles to herself as she puts the remaining things away. "So, why are you so bothered about my hand? It's not even that bad." She closes the cupboard and begins walking towards me. "It's because I care about you, more than I care about myself or anybody else. Over the time I've gotten to know you, I've become really attached to you. I'm not the only one who feels like this but I'm the only one brave enough to admit it." Valkyrie wraps her arms around my neck and begins to bring her face closer to mine. Our lips are inches apart. Before either one of us can do anything, Doc and Rook burst in arguing. "Voulez-vous simplement vous taire sur votre foutu pla- Oh, are we interrupting something?" Meghan quickly steps away from me while going bright red and nervously laughing. "N-Nope, you guys didn't interrupt anything at all. I'll see you later (Y/N)." She quickly leaves while Rook walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. "Sorry, we probably should have knocked first." I sigh and begin to walk out. Doc clears his throat as I'm closing the door, causing me to stop. "For the record, you and Meghan would make an adorable couple." Gustave and Julien begin laughing as my face turns red and I slam the door and begin to hurry back to my dorm.