Chapter 10: Discovery

Your POV

As I walk away from the medical bay, I begin to think about what Valkyrie had said to me before everything happened. She's not the only one who feels that way? It makes me curious as to who else could have feelings such as that towards me, perhaps I should try and find out how many I'm dealing with before doing anything risky. Ahead of me, I can see Caveira, Mira, Frost and Dokkaebi walking down the hallway with each other. I quicken my pace to catch up with them but before I have a chance to say something I hear them mentioning my name, causing me to quietly walk behind them. "Seriously though, he's a bit dumb for not noticing by now. It's not like any of us are trying to hide it, right? I'm just disappointed that he's taking so long to realise." Caveira sounds pretty annoyed. Wait, what am I not realising? Dokkaebi is tapping on her tablet while she talks to the other 3 women. "Well, maybe we're just not making it obvious enough. Plus, he hasn't spent as much time with us as he has with Ela and Meghan. Perhaps we should make more of an effort to actually hang out with him and learn more about him. Do any of us even know his real name?" Grace looks up to receive the others shaking their heads at her, causing her to let out a sigh. Mira gently pats her shoulder while she returns her attention to the tablet. "You might have a point, how about we each try and find some way of spending time with him. Taina, didn't you have an interrogation to do today?" Caveira nodded at her. "Well, maybe you can ask him for a bit of help." Caveira gave her a deadpan look with a raised eyebrow.  "You think he's gonna believe that the best interrogator would ask him for help with an interrogation? He'd figure out that something's up instantly. Although, I don't have any ideas. Alright, I guess I'll try." Mira nodded at Caveira and looked over to Dokkaebi, who was still on her tablet. "Grace, why not invite him to watch some anime? I've seen him and Echo watching it so I know that he actually enjoys it. Unless Masaru forces him to watch it, which wouldn't surprise me. Still, give it a shot." Grace smiles at Mira before putting her tablet away. "What about you Elena, how are you gonna spend time with Ghost?" I raise an eyebrow, curious to hear Elena's response. "Well, my Black Mirror could use an upgrade and could do with testing too. I'll ask him for help later." Mira smiled at her before turning to Frost. "Tina, why don't you ask him for help with your Welcome Mat? You did say you needed someone to test it out with you after all so it'd be a perfect opportunity!" Frost looked at her with a slight smirk before nodding. "Nice idea, thanks a lot, Elena. I'll go and find him now." Frost turned around and came face to face with me, her eyes widening while I gave her a smirk while pressing a finger to her lips. I took her hand and began walking down the hallway with her while she was going as red as Ash's hair. After a minute of walking, I hear her clear her throat while looking awkwardly at me. "So, how much of that did you hear exactly?" I look back as we come to a stop outside of her door. "More or less all of it. Gotta say, quite interesting to hear about people's plans with me." Tina looked at the ground before opening her door to grab some of her traps and returning moments later, locking the door behind her. We began walking out of Hereford and into the surrounding forest which was filled with deer to use as tests for the traps. After a few minutes of walking, Tina stopped and began laying down her traps. I went and crouched down in a bush while looking down at the ground. Frost came and sat down next to me a few seconds later and looked at me with a concerned look. "Everything ok?" I sigh and look up at her. "No. not overly. Not a huge fan of killing animals, especially harmless ones at that. I'm fine with killing people but, there's just something about animals that really gets me." Frost puts a hand on my shoulder. "If you want, you can go. I understand if you don't want to be around to see what happens." I shake my head at her and look ahead of us. "No, you went through the trouble of getting me out here. The least I can do is spend some time with my favourite Canadian." Frost smiled at me before resting her head on my shoulder and looking ahead. We sat in silence for some time, just enjoying each others company. As the sun begins to set, we hear a trap go off. Both of us stand up and jog over to the triggered trap, seeing a deer with its head severed from the trap. My eyes widen as I look away while Frost brings her hands up to her mouth. "Fucking hell, the poor thing must have been sniffing it and set it off. Tina, are you ok?" She sits on her knees while looking at the deer with tears in her eyes. I sit down next to her and put an arm around her. "I did this. I understand why you hate killing animals now, it feels fucking awful. Come on, I suppose we should get this cleared up. We could probably take its body back with us and have it for dinner tomorrow, I'm not gonna kill a deer and let it rot in the middle of a damn forest." I nod at her and begin to move the deer's body while Frost deactivates the remaining traps and places them under her arm. I put the deer on my shoulders and begin to walk back with Tina in silence. After some time we arrive back at the base, receiving shocked looks from everyone we passed. We walked into the cafeteria and I dumped the deer onto a counter in the kitchen, getting a confused look from the chef. "Fresh kill, if you could prepare it for dinner tomorrow that'd be great. Don't ask about the headless thing, it's hard to explain." He nodded at me as Tina and I left the cafeteria and headed towards her dorm. Once there, Tina looked at me with a sad look and sighed. "Sorry for a shitty evening, was a bit bloodier than I had hoped for." I hugged her while she began to stop herself from crying. "It's fine. Besides the murder of a deer, I had fun with you tonight. Maybe we can do this again some time? Just make sure to make those things less deadly, ok?" She giggles slightly and looks up at me. Without any hesitation, Tina kisses me and ducks back into her dorm instantly. I stood there, unable to comprehend what happened. I hear laughing from around the corner and see Doc, Rook, Thermite and Jackal all stood there laughing. I glare at them and walk off while they begin to follow me while making kissy faces at me. Eventually, I start laughing too. We met up with the Russians in the cafeteria and began a night of heavy drinking and T or D, most of them aimed at me. Jordan held his temples while he spun a bottle, which landed on me. "Ok (Y/N), truth or dare." I groaned from the splitting headache and looked over at him. "Hmm, dare because I'm no pussy!" Thermite laughed while he gave me a devilish grin. "I dare you to go into Cav's dorm and kiss her." Everyone bursts into laughter while I slam my head on the table, regretting my poor choice. I stand and stumble out of the cafeteria and down the hallway in the direction of Cav's dorm. I knock on the door and hear swearing in Portuguese followed by footsteps and the door opening, revealing Caveira in her underwear and giving me an angry look. "What do you want Ghost? It's like, 2 in the morning." I wrap my arms around her waist, causing her to blush and kiss her. She wraps her arms around the back of my neck and returns the kiss. We part a few moments later and she takes my hand and drags me into her dorm and climbs into her bed. "Get in, you're spending the night with me. Try and run and I'll chase you down." I hurriedly climb in out of fear and feel Cav wrap herself around me while nuzzling into my neck. "Goodnight, Ghost."  "Goodnight, Taina." I slowly close my eyes as she kisses my cheek and rests her head on my chest as I finally fall asleep.