Chapter 7: Operation Jefe Militar

Bolivia, 22:00, Operation Jefe Militar activated (Your POV)

Bolivia. A once nice country now turned into a narco-state, ran by the Santa Blanca cartel. I'm honestly surprised to see that they've recovered so fast after the loss of their previous leader. Among us is me, Thermite, Glaz, Fuze, and Dokkaebi. Unfortunately, none of them know the area like I do or the kind of people we'll be up against, it would be a breeze if they did. But thankfully, I believe that I've still got some friends here, and damn good ones at that. As I was lost in my own little world, Jordan stood up with the mission brief he'd received from Six before we departed and cleared his throat. "Ok, here's what we need to know. A member of the local cartel has taken over the role of leader after the previous overlord, El Sueño, was taken into the custody of the CIA as an informant with help from special operatives. The objective is simple: We go in, meet up with the other operatives, work together and take down the new overlord wannabe, El Carnicero AKA The Butcher. Any questions?" Glaz raised his hand in response, Thermite nodded at him. "How will it be approached? With stealth, hard breaching or patience?" Thermite sat back down on my left and looked at me. "Perhaps we should let Ghost decide, what do you think bud?" I glare at Thermite as he grins at me. I sigh and look over to Glaz. "I say that we should let our contacts decide that. They know the area, the cartel, and their ops way more than any of us. One wrong move and we could wind up dead, from either them or the cartel." The others in the chopper widened their eyes at me while the pilot even turned around and gave me a terrified look. "What the fuck, Ghost." I shrug at the pilot as he turns around to focus on flying, still with a terrified look. "Hang on, what makes you so sure that they'd kill us if we fuck up?" I turn to Thermite and give him a serious look. "I know these guys, Jordan. Trust me, they would if you gave them a reason to." That quickly silenced Thermite, as he then turned to stare out the window with wide eyes. After another ten minutes of flying, we arrive at our insertion point, with five people waiting to greet us. Once we land, we all file out of the chopper and come face to face with some familiar faces. A woman steps forward while the other four hang back with their weapons out and watching the area. "Good evening lady and gentlemen, my name is Karen Bowman and I'll be your handler for the duration of the operation. Ah, good to see you again, Ghost. It's good to know we've got one of the best with us." The others all looked at me with quizzical looks while I nervously laughed at Bowman. "Yeah, might have forgotten to mention that I worked with these guys for a little while." My former squad began walking over and placing their weapons on their backs, I walked over and stood next to them. "Guys, this is Nomad, Midas, Holt, and Weaver. They're one of the best special ops teams I've worked with. With their help, this whole situation should be over within three days maximum." Holt looked over at me with an insulted look plastered on his face. "Oh, so we're not the best you ever worked with? Ghost, you hurt my feelings. Apologise to me before I go and throw myself into a vat of liquid cocaine." I give Holt a deadpan look while Nomad and Weaver roll their eyes and Midas tries not to laugh. "I'm not going to apologise for it. If anything, you still owe us an apology for that one time we let you drive in-" Holt covers my mouth while making some random noise louder than me to drown me out. "Shut up, man! We don't talk about that!" I remove Holt's hands from over my mouth, only for Midas to interject. "Actually Ghost, you still owe us an apology for time that you gave us the wrong coordinates for that raid. You know, where instead of a cartel hideout you sent us to a goddamn strip club?" Holt and I laugh while Nomad groans, burying his head in his hand and Weaver starts smiling slightly. "Midas, you can't say anything. You went off the grid for three days down here and we found you passed out in a back alley with like two hundred dollars worth of booze around you." Midas looked at Weaver and stuck his tongue out as Nomad steps forward. "Weaver, remember the time where you sneezed, misfired your sniper and blew a three-day stakeout operation? Because I sure as shit do." I smirk at Nomad and turn to him as he looks at me with a smug look. "You remember the time where we were sneaking into a heavily guarded cartel checkpoint and you farted and got us caught? That turned into a twenty-minute firefight because someone can't hold their fucking burrito?" Just as Nomad is about to retaliate, Bowman clears her throat, focusing everyone's attention back to her. "Alright, I'm going to contact Six and let her know the situation down here. Nomad, you're in charge. Good luck people." Bowman got inside the chopper and flew off seconds later. The squad turned and began walking towards a pickup truck and armoured SUV. "Us four will take the pickup, you guys will take the SUV. Get someone on the minigun but don't fire it unless I say so, am I understood?" We all nodded at them and began filing in with Fuze driving, me next to him, Dokkaebi and Glaz in the back with Thermite on the minigun. As the cars started moving, I decided it would be best to get some sleep. I rested my head on the seat and slowly drifted off to sleep.