Chapter 20: Negotiations

2 Days Later (Your POV)

I open the door to the communications room and sit down in a chair next to Pheonix, who gives me an uncertain look. "Are you sure you want to try this? The second we tell them who we are they'll cut us off." Ignoring him, I grab a set of headphones off of a hook and begin tuning into the frequency of the people who wish us dead. Once the static begins to clear up a bit, I turn to Phoenix. "I'm sure. If they know we share a common enemy then they're more likely to help us. If not, then I'm going alone." He nods at me before leaning back in his chair slightly with a thumbs up. I take a deep breath and hold down the button to transmit my voice. "Rainbow this is The Remnants, we wish to meet up with you and discuss things. We will send a single person who will be armed in case of any sort of White Mask ambush but he will not be hostile towards you. Are you willing to meet up?" Several seconds pass and still no answer. Phoenix pats my shoulder with a sigh while standing up and making his way to the door. "Remnants, we agree to this and will send 5 armed personnel to these coordinates, be there in 2 hours and stick to the agreement." Once those words finish coming through the speaker the transmission is immediately terminated. Turning around, I see Phoenix has already left the room, leaving the door open behind him. I leave the comms room and begin walking back to my own room to start putting on my armour and getting my weapons ready. On the way, Crow starts walking next to me while giving me an extremely angry look. "Would you like to explain why you're arranging meetings with people who hate us without getting my permission?" Stopping in front of my door and taking out my keys, I give her a side glance with a small sigh. "Lopez is calling me out and I want him dead, it's better if I make sure I don't have Rainbow attacking them while I'm there and I get caught in a crossfire." I open the door and both me and Crow walk in, with Crow sitting on my bed while I begin getting out my items. "I would have said yes if you'd asked me. I care about everyone here on a personal level, you more than others. I want to help you catch Lopez, I really do. I just don't want you getting yourself killed on some manhunt." I look back and give her a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine. I've gotten into a fair share of fights. I grew up with Thatcher for Christ sake." Crow laughs while leaving me to get ready for the meeting. 

2 Hours Later (Your POV)

The pilot turns around in his seat to face me while I finish booting up the helmet systems and activating the voice changer. "We're just descending now, sir. Once you're off I'll go and wait in a different location until you're done, just signal me when to come to get you." I nod at him and open the door to see a group of five people waiting for me, all armed. Once out, I give the pilot a thumbs up and he takes off behind me and disappears into the night. Looks like they sent Frost, Thermite, Thatcher, Jackal and Dokkaebi to come and meet me. Thermite walks forward while the others stay behind and watch from afar with their weapons out, making sure that nobody sneaks up on us or that I don't draw my weapon. "You wanted to talk, so get talking before we turn around and walk out of here." I roll my eyes at Thermite under my helmet, he's so impatient. "The Remnants are not your enemy. We want the destruction of the White Masks as much as you guys do so please, just work with us. Once they're gone we'll no longer be a problem to you guys, or we can merge together or something. The last thing we all need is to be killing each other off." Thermite turns around and walks towards their chopper while Jackal walks up to me with wide eyes, causing me to raise an eyebrow. Jackal stops next to me and looks directly into my eyes. "Ghost, what the fuck are you doing?" I widen my eyes at Jackal before looking at the ground behind me, he scanned my footprints from over there? He must have done some serious upgrades. "Ryad, don't blow this for me. The Remnants saved my life so I think the least I can do is help them take down the White Masks." He nods at me before turning around and walking back towards the others, with Thermite walking past him. He stops in front of me with an outstretched hand. "We're in. Once the threat is gone then we'll talk about you guys joining us but for now how does working with us sound?" I shake his hand while smiling under my helmet. "That sounds amazing. Thank you, Jordan." Thermite raises an eyebrow at me while placing his arm at his side. "How do you know my name? Come to think of it, Doc said you knew his too." I cross my arms at Thermite while he looks at me. "We just like to know who we have to deal with and who we work with, that going to be a problem?" He shrugs at me while turning around. "I don't mind so much, Six and the others might though." All of them stand around talking for a few minutes before turning around and getting into their chopper and flying away. I signal for my chopper and it arrives 2 minutes later. Getting in, I signal the pilot to take off. He turns around to me while I take off my helmet. "Everything go ok?" I look at him with a small smile. "Let's just say, we've got ourselves some powerful friends."

A/N

Damn, an entire month since the last real chapter came out and I forgot how much I enjoyed making this. You might notice that this chapter was brought out a little earlier than I said, that's because my laptop was actually repaired quicker than expected and now it's back where it belongs. I look forward to updating this story more and more and with it being summer holidays/vacation I have so much more free time which will probably mean more frequent updates.

I would also like to say a quick thank you for the support that I get from some of you, even if it's not many it's still nice to receive the odd message on here or on my Xbox account from someone who enjoys reading this. One more thing, we're almost at 30k guys. Massive thank you for that. This has been ya boi!