Chapter 22: Explanation

(Your POV)

Ela stops in front of me while glaring. "Start explaining. Now." I sigh and hold the stab wound on my arm as Doc begins to look at it. "After the explosion, I don't really know much of what happened. From what The Remnants told me, one of their guys got me out of there and took me back to their base and made sure I didn't die. They didn't force me to stay there but I guess I owed it to them to stay and help them." Without saying a word, she turns around and walks back to Hibana. "You have no idea how upset she's been, do you?" Lion stands next to me while Jackal is watching Lopez and calling the chopper back. I sigh as Doc finishes bandaging my arm and leans on the doorframe next to me. "Just give her time, she's just upset." Rubbing my arm I sit down against the wall and look up to the night sky. "Women are complicated." Lion laughs while sitting down next to me. "Believe me, this is nothing compared to what I've dealt with. The whole shooting in the dick thing is a new one though, can't help you there." Doc chuckles while walking over to Jackal before turning around to us. "Jager will be here in about a minute, get ready for a lecture." I raise an eyebrow at Lion as the two of us stand up. "Even though you guys didn't talk much it still hit him hard when you disappeared. Hell, it hit all of us hard. Except for the new operators." Jager starts to descend in front of us while we walk towards Doc and the others. "Wait, new operators?" Lion nods while hopping onto the chopper and holding out a hand to help me up, which I take and hoist myself up with. Jager turns around to face us and freezes once he sees me. "Ist das ein Traum?" Shaking my head, I sit in the seat next to him while he continues to observe me. "No, Marius, this isn't a dream. Focus on flying back and I'll give you an explanation on the way, got it?" Jager nods at me as he returns his focus to the controls in front of him. Behind me, Hibana clears her throat. "So, how come you wanted to catch this guy so bad? I mean, it is obvious you guys have history but why exactly did you want to get him?" I swivel in my seat to face her. "This man killed my parents, Yumiko. Right in front of me. He kidnapped me and my parents, killed them and tortured me for months. Eventually, I escaped with the help of Thatcher. That's how we know one another, he saved my life and became sort of like a second dad to me." The chopper goes deadly silent as all eyes are on me, even Lopez's. Hibana turns around and looks out the window without another word. Jager looks at me while flying. "You have no idea what's been going on back the base, do you?" I shake my head at him which seems to annoy him ever so slightly. "Everyone's been really depressed since the funeral. Yeah, we had a funeral for you and everything. Since then nobody's really been themselves. Nobody's seen most of the girls in a couple of days, Zofia isn't secluding herself but it's obvious isn't ok. Thatcher is trying to drink himself to death, Thermite is threatening to punch anyone who comes near him, Echo has locked himself in his room while listening to sad music. You really fucked up, big time." I lean back in my chair while looking at Crow's pistol, Doc wasn't kidding when he told me to prepare for a lecture. "Yeah, I know I did. I'll try and fix it." Jager looks back out the window while concentrating on flying. "You won't try and fix it, you will fix it. Now, start explaining what happened. We've got a long ride ahead." 

2 Hours Later

Stepping out of the chopper while putting on my helmet I see a familiar figure standing before us, holding a clipboard and smiling. "Welcome back, Ghost." I raise an eyebrow with a small smile at Six. "I take it you missed me?" Six scoffs at the question before turning and walking off back towards Hereford. The others and I walk through the familiar training grounds filled with recruits, some staring at me in confusion. Walking through the halls we hear the speakers come to life and Six's voice comes blaring through them. "All operators report to the cafeteria. Except for our new arrival, he is to meet me in my office." I say my goodbyes to the others and walk to Six's office, getting strange looks from some of the operators passing by. I knock on the office door and hear Six's voice telling me to enter. I do so and she looks up at me with a small smile. "So, (Y/N). I hope you're ready to explain some things, after getting yelled at by women with guns." I gulp while Six raises an eyebrow at me and stands from her chair. "Not overly but I don't have much of a choice." I open the door for Six and the two of us begin walking down the hallways to the cafeteria. After a minute of walking, Six and I arrive at the double doors. "If you'd prefer, you can leave your helmet on until I ask you to take it off." I nod at her and place my helmet on my head as she opens the doors and walks inside. I follow her inside and the two of us stand in front of the room to see every head looking at us, specifically me. "This is our newest member, I expect you to treat him as you already did." Some of the operators raise eyebrows while the others look at each other in confusion. "Could you please remove your helmet?" I nod and take a deep breath before taking off my helmet, placing it on the floor next to me. Nobody in the room says a word, they just stare at me. After half a minute of silence, a woman with a red bandana stands up and looks directly at me. "Been a while since I last saw you, (Y/N)." I raise an eyebrow at the said woman before she sighs and takes off the bandana. My eyes widen as I recognise the woman. Everyone in the room looks between us, even Six. "Ghost, care to explain how you and Alibi know each other?" I nod and walk closer to Alibi, who walks closer to me at the same time. We stop in front of each other while smiling. "Aria and I used to date." This increases the amount of tension in the room as everyone looks at me. Thatcher stands up and walks over to me with clenched fists, stopping in front of me. Then, he does the last thing anyone would expect: He hugs me. "You got any fookin idea how worried I've been?" I hug him back while everyone else begins to stand and gather around us. "Chill out, Mike. I'm not going anywhere this time. Now, if you let me go I'll explain where I've been." After a few more seconds, Thatcher lets go of me and walks back to the other SAS members. I lean against the wall with Alibi standing next to me, both of us receiving multiple death glares from the other women. "Right, guess I'll get started then."