Chapter 16: Siege

Your POV

My eyes widen, as does IQ's "Tina, we'll make it back as fast as we can. Make sure that nobody gets hurt." In the background, I begin to hear screams, shouts, gunshots, explosions and bodies before the call ends. IQ and I ran to my car parked around the corner and fastened our seatbelts as I pressed the ignition button and began to drive back to our home under siege.

10 minutes later

We pull up to see a collection of black vehicles all painted with the signature White Mask logo, all parked outside of Hereford and what looks like to be an army of men all firing towards our friends inside the base. IQ preps her weapons next to me while I take out the duffel bag from the boot of my car and take out the weapons I had stored there. Just a basic AK47 and M1911 that I kept in case of emergencies and this was sure as hell an emergency. IQ taps my shoulder and nods her head back towards the White Masks. "I counted 60, probably more in other sections of the base. They don't know we're here so we can get the drop on them or we can start to mess up their stuff, your call." I nod at her and begin walking towards them and hide behind one of their armoured vans. Looks like it's a riot van they stole a couple months back, I remember hearing that they stole 15 of them and it looks like they just became my new target. I open the back of the van and find an entire bag filled with C4, I take the bag with a smirk and hand half of the contents IQ. "Start placing them on their cars, they won't be able to get very far without them." She nods at me and we begin to head our separate ways, placing explosives on each car we passed. After a couple of minutes, I hear shouting about a bag of explosives going missing. I press my earpiece and turn on my comms. "Monika, they found the empty bag. How many more do you need to do?" I hear static from her before she responds. "I'm on the last one, you want to me detonate?" I go to respond, but get an idea in my head and begin smirking before pressing the earpiece again. "Not yet, get inside and tell me once you're in. When I say Checkmate, blow them. No matter what." I look over to her and give her a nod while she finds an open window to hop through, sticking her thumb out to signal that she got inside ok. Smiling, I raise my hands into the air and walk out from behind the truck and into the open, causing men to turn around and yell at me to drop my weapons. I do so and continue to walk forward and come face to face with the person leading the attack. "Lopez, so good to see you again." Lopez smirks at me before pointing a magnum at my face and turning us towards the base. "Come out and drop your weapons and we'll spare your friend, refuse and he dies. You have 30 seconds otherwise, it's lights out." Almost immediately, people begin to exit the base and drop their weapons at their feet with their hands by their sides. I look at IQ and give her a nod, receiving one back. I turn to Lopez and look him dead in the eye as he does the same. Without hesitation, I grab the gun from his hand and grab Lopez, taking him hostage. All eyes are trained on me as I begin to back away, towards the White Mask vehicles. Once my back hits the door of one of the cars, I look over to my friends and see some of them on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry, Checkmate Lopez." I turn around at the last second and use Lopez as a human shield, then the cars detonate and my vision goes black.

Ela's POV

Next to me, I see IQ stare at (Y/N) teary-eyed before pressing a detonator and destroying all the vehicles. "(Y/N)!!!" I immediately pick up my Scorpion and begin to unload into any enemy that I can see through the thick smoke, the others following suit behind me. I slowly advance towards the spot where he was while continuously firing upon any enemy I see. Eventually, the smoke settles and it's only our team standing, some injured White Masks and injured operators, but no (Y/N). I run over to the place I last saw him and begin to look around, not realising that I'm starting to cry. My hand runs over something metal in the ground and I begin to dig it up. Once I pick it up and wipe it off, I see that it's (Y/N)'s dog tags with mine now attached to them. I sit on my knees and hold them to my chest while sobbing uncontrollably. It's happened again, the world took someone that I care about. Someone I saw as family. Someone I loved.

???'s POV

I look out at the base from the hill I'm on and see the green haired girl crying her eyes out while holding something to her chest. I look down and kneel next to the sleeping figure, covered head to toe in soot and blood. I gently pat him on the shoulder before slinging him over mine and walking off. "Come on Ghost, let's get you cleaned up. Don't want you meeting your new crew looking like death."

A/N

Ooooo, what a cliffhanger. In all honesty, this wasn't how this chapter was originally going to be but halfway through the idea came to me so I just said 'Fuck it, why not?' and went with it. I'm pretty proud of how it went though. On another note, since my last update (5 days ago) this went from 10k up to 13k which is actually really cool. It's good to see that people actually enjoy my shit writing, but y'know. In other news, how many of you tuned into/went to E3 this year? It's been absolutely mental these past 3 days. Dying Light 2 being announced (Really hyped for that) Elder Scrolls 6?! (Fuck. Yes.) Division 2 (Recently started playing the first one and I'm loving it so I'm excited for this now) and Destiny 2 taking an unbelievably dark turn. That was the main shocker for the entire event for me, literally nobody saw it coming. Anyway, enjoy your day/night, adios guys and gals!