Chapter 25: Relaxing

The Next Day (Your POV)

There it is, the bane of my existence. Tormenting once again. I pick up my (New) alarm clock and hurl it against the wall, hearing a smash and a squeal. "Cholera jasna!" Recognising the words being spoken in Polish, I figured out who was in the room with me. "Morning, Ela." Hearing a sigh, Ela walks over to where I assume I smashed the clock and begins to clean up the shattered pieces. "Remember what I said? No more smashing clocks." I sit up and look at Ela wearing some jeans and a tank top, what is she even doing here? "Hey, Ela?" Hearing footsteps go past my bed and the sound of glass and metal going into the bin, Ela turns to look at me. "What are you even doing in here?" Ela grins before diving onto the bed in front of me while pulling out her phone to load something up. "Simple, I want to hang out with you. I was going to ask you yesterday when you and Tina got back but I heard some... commotion and decided to leave you be." My eyes widen as I look at Ela, who has a huge smirk plastered on her face while she finishes loading up some music. To my horror, I see that it's Finest Girl by Andy Samberg. Ela smiles even more when she sees my horrified look and presses the screen to start playing the music from my Bluetooth speaker across the room. "I heard you two singing it last night before things got a bit rowdy. I did actually catch the two of you before I had to bolt." Ela shows me a video of Frost and I singing along to Finest Girl while holding cans of beer before the two of us collapsed onto the bed to engage in...well, you get the idea. "Don't show this to anyone. Ever." Hearing a knock, I stand up and answer the door to see Echo, Phantom, Zofia and Thermite all standing there with huge smiles. Zofia walks past me and pats my shoulder with a grin. "How are you, my finest girl?" Everyone but me begins to laugh as Ela turns up the volume of the music while the others come into the room and start singing along with it. Phantom stops singing and looks into the corner of my room while walking towards it. "Hey, what's with the blue light?" Ela walks over to him and leans on his shoulder while looking into the corner. "That, my friend, is one of Meghan's cameras. Since it's blue, she's watching us right now." Thermite turns around with wide eyes and a slightly agape mouth. "Hey, weird question, but do you think that Meg was watching you and Tina last night?" Everyone in the room freezes as the blue light flickers off and footsteps are heard coming down the corridor and stopping outside my door, followed by 3 loud knocks. Everyone's head turn towards the door as 3 more knocks were heard. Echo clears his throat while walking towards the door. "You know what, I gotta go. I wish you all the best of luck." Echo opens the door and walks past an annoyed Valkyrie as the others begin to follow him out. Valkryie walks inside and closes the door behind her, placing a hand on her with a raised eyebrow. "Before you ask, I saw everything. Didn't realise that Tina could be so... kinky. Kinda made me uncomfortable. Anyway, what the hell, dude? One single date and you guys are banging? Where's my date?" I sort of just stare at the fridge while thinking of a way out of this situation. "Wanna go on a date?" Valkyrie smiles at me before turning around and opening the door. "Thought you'd never ask. Let's go."

20 Minutes Later (Your POV)

Valkyrie and I are sat at a restaurant and just chatting about things. After she calmed down, I was able to explain the events of last night. It also gave me the opportunity to ask her to remove the Black Eye from my room. Hearing Valkyrie clear her throat, I look up while sipping on my drink to see her looking straight at me. "(Y/N), do you love anyone?" Upon hearing this I almost spat out the water in my mouth, thankfully I managed to swallow it and go into a mini coughing fit instead of ejecting it all over Valkyrie's face. (I got a feeling that this will get taken out of context  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I have no shame) Recovering from the coughing, I look up at her. "After thinking for a bit, I might. I don't know for sure yet but I definitely do have something for them." Valkyrie smiles while tracing her finger around the rim of her cup. "Do you ever think of leaving this life behind and being with the person you love?" She's acting a little bit different than usual, is she considering leaving Rainbow? "I mean, not really. I've only known a life like this, to leave it behind and lead a normal life isn't something I think I can do until I have no choice. Either I get old, or they're in danger. That's the only way I leave this life behind." Valkyrie takes my hand and looks at me straight in the eyes. "What about after the White Masks are finished? They're falling apart, once we find out where their base is we can finish this. Then what? We'll probably be deactivated." Valkyrie starts tightening her grip on my hand while looking down at the table. "Then... I don't know what. I'll probably find more military work elsewhere. Relax, I'll figure it out eventually. Come on, it's getting dark. We should head back before Six calls us in." Valkyrie stands up with a nod as I place some money down on the table and the two of us walk away, still with her holding onto my hand. "Hey, (Y/N)?" Valkyrie stops as I start taking out the keys for my car out my pocket and begin to unlock it. "Can we... you know?" I laugh slightly and turn around to face her. "Sure, Meghan. If you want, then we can." Her face lights up before she stops and raises an eyebrow. "Just to make sure, we're both talking about us having sex, right?" Rolling my eyes with a smile, I open the door for her. "Yes, yes we are."

A/N

For those of you wondering what the hell the video at the top is, it's none other than Ghost's (And apparently Frosts') favourite song: Finest Girl. The chapter wasn't supposed to start like this but after I watched the movie Popstar and heard this song I just knew I had to put it into the chapter, and I'm pleased with how it turned out! I'm also going to be posting another chapter straight after this but that's specifically for voting on which waifu you lads want. That's right, I'm gonna start taking votes. So, the rules are: It can be any Rainbow female except Zofia (For obvious reasons) Clash (I legit know nothing about her and no idea how to introduce her this late) Finka (She has been claimed by Lord Chanka) or Ying (I have plans with her). That's pretty much it! Just to spice things up, I'll also be taking an additional vote. Best Ghost Bromance! That's right, I want to know who has the best bromance with Ghost according to you guys! Needless to say, I'm curious to see these results.