Chapter 17: Awakening

??? (Your POV)

I slowly open my eyes to be blinded by an overhead light and murmuring somewhere in another room. As I begin to stand up, a thought crosses my mind: I have no idea what happened after the explosion. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn to be met with a smirk from a man wearing a skull balaclava. "Nice to see you finally awake, Sleeping Beauty." He slightly chuckles to himself while I roll my eyes and take in my surroundings. I'm not in a jail cell, that's always a good thing. There is a bed, TV, desk, wardrobe, a weapons locker and an armour stand which my armour was currently on. I hear the man cough behind me, causing me to turn to face him. He wraps an arm around my shoulder before leading me out the room and down a hallway, towards the voices I'd heard earlier. "Just do me a favour once we get in there, make sure to smile. We're almost all a happy bunch so we don't need someone else killing the mood" I nod at him and he pushes the door open, making everyone turn their heads towards us. Most smile at me while 1 just looks me up and down before giving me a small nod. A woman walks forwards and places a hand on my shoulder and leads me over to a table that had a map place on top, a map of Hereford Base. Upon seeing this, my eyes widen and the majority of people in the room take notice of this. "Ok, so this is where we found Ghost, but we didn't see any sign of Lopez apart from a severed arm with the same tattoos. Probably means he survived, which means more work for us." Two people in the room groan while the woman talking to us all raises her hand to her forehead. "I know, we've been busy lately. If we take out Lopez then the White Masks are one target away from being finished, forever." The room is filled with cheers, high fives and smiles, making it impossible for me to keep a straight face. People begin to smile at me while they begin to settle down and look back to the woman in charge. "I feel you're owed some explanation, Ghost. We're The Remnants, a group of people who've come together to end terrorist threats across the world. I'm Crow, the two guys with the baseball caps are  Dingo and Wolverine, AKA the most enthusiastic brothers ever. The guy you were walking here with was Snake and that bloke with the helmet is Phoenix, one of the best snipers I've ever seen." I take a look at the people around the room, 2 insane Australian brothers, a German woman, a cheerful English guy and a dude with an awesome helmet. They're certainly an interesting bunch, that's for sure. "So why exactly am I here?" The masked man steps forward and looks at me. "Simple, we want you to go off the grid and join us. We've seen your work and I've personally been keeping an eye on you and your little escapades." Crow nods in confirmation before placing a hand on Phoenix's shoulder. "He's actually the guy who got you out of there, we don't think you would have made it otherwise. Not even with Doc's help, White Masks ransacked his med bay before you arrived so you would have bled out too quick." I walk over to Phoenix and place a hand on his shoulder with a smile. "Thanks a lot, I'll do my best to repay this debt." He nods at me before walking back over to the side of the room and leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "As for joining, I'm in. If it means the end of these sick fucks then I'll do anything to win." Dingo and Wolverine cheer and start dancing with each other in the corner of the room, Snake pats me on the back while Crow smiles and Phoenix nods with a thumbs up. "That's good to hear. In that case, we're gonna need to give you a new callsign. How about we go with Eagle?" Everyone in the room nods in agreement, including myself. Crow claps her hands together while smiling at me. "Alright, go get some sleep. Training will begin at 9:30 and if you're late I'll make you do an extra 50 pushups. Dismissed." On the way out the room, Snake places a hand on my shoulder and looks at me with a small smile. "When this is over, I promise you that you can see your friends again. However, if they try and stop us in an op and attack us then you're gonna need to prove your loyalty. They've been trying to take us out for a while now, they think that we're working with the White Masks. No matter how many times that we try and tell them that it doesn't matter. Just, be careful when out in the field. Ok?" I nod at him, causing his smile to grow wider. He walks off and pats me on the back as he goes. As I walk into my new room and lie on my bed I begin to wonder what exactly I'll be doing with my new crew. 

A/N

Well, we made it. 15k views. So, as promised I will now reveal my XBOX Gamertag. I'll probably end up regretting this but here we go. I'm just saying that you cannot judge me for this, how I acquired this name is a long story. Right, my name Gamertag is HairyEv. Oh, one more thing. Thanks a bunch to Ninjamain for allowing me to use his character Phoenix. If you haven't already, go check his story out. It's what inspired me to create this. Anyway, feel free to follow my toxic ass on XBOX. Peace out.