Chapter 27: Preparations (Part 2)

2 Days later (Your POV)

DedSec has only been here a couple days but things are already improving with them being around. People are in better moods and our hardware security is being upgraded too, they're even giving tips to Dokkaebi on hacking. Next up on the list for recruitment is a whole group of sleeper agents known only as The Division. Apparently, they're only activated in times of extreme crisis, such as that outbreak in New York or that one time in New Mexico, though hardly anyone ever saw any agents there. Thankfully, Six has contacted their commander to schedule a meeting with 3 of their best agents. While lost in my thoughts, I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Finka and Lion smirking at me. "Gear up, we're going with you. We've done some ops with these guys before so it's a good idea for us to go with you, trust me." I simply nod at Finka while standing up and walking towards the double doors, only to have them open in front of me and Frost gently bumping into me. "Sorry, (Y/N)." Frost smiles at me and happily bounces over towards IQ and Ash with a small skip, causing the other two women to raise their eyebrows before shrugging it off. Simply smiling slightly at her good mood, I begin walking down the corridor and exchange greetings with other operators, with the men from the GSG9 walking down with me. Jager walks next to me while Blitz and Bandit argue behind the two of us, as usual. "I take it you're gonna be the pilot, Marius?" Jager nods at me with while placing his pilot helmet on his head. "Indeed, I am. Be ready to go in an hour. We don't need to go very far, Lau sent over her agents a few days ago so they should only be a couple hours away." Giving him a nod, the two of us split off down our respective corridors, with the other two members of the GSG9 continuing straight while arguing. 

4 Hours Later

Feeling the chopper begin to descend, Lion, Finka and I make sure that we look as least threatening as possible, what with all our guns and attack helicopter and all. Sliding open the door, three figures emerge from the bushes in equally dangerous gear as ours, minus the chopper of course. The six of us all stand in the clearing while staring at each other, one of them clears his throat and slides up his balaclava to look at me properly. "I take it you're from Rainbow?" Nodding at the British guy, who I assume is the squad leader, the other two lower their weapons and raise up their masks too. "I'm Storm, the guy on my left is Sentinel and the guy to my right is Mist. It's a pleasure to meet you guys, Six speaks highly of you." Sentinel and Mist give us a wave while smiling slightly. "Take us back to wherever it is that you guys run things so we can get settled in. We've been told that you still need another part of the team before we can go, is there anything we can do to help?" I shake my head at Storm with a small smile while we all begin to walk towards Jager. "Nah, I know how to contact them. Plus, those guys love me, they wouldn't say no." Storm nods at me while gripping my arm and hoisting me into the chopper and closing the door after Lion sits down. Giving Jager a thumbs up, he begins to ascend once again and take us back towards Hereford Base. Two down, one to go.

The Next Day

Leaning back in the chair, I look at the radio in front of me while Phantom attempts to tune it into the right frequency. "Are you sure this is the right frequency? I'm still getting nothing, dude." Groaning in frustration, I wack his hand out of the way and start turning the dial myself until I hear the static begin to clear up and recognise a familiar voice. "See, I told you it was right. You must be terrible at tuning into frequencies." Phantom sticks out his tongue while leaning back in his chair and playing on his phone. "Remnants, this is Eagle. Can you guys hear me? I need your help." Silence. The radio just goes silent for a solid 30 seconds before we hear a response. "Hey, Eagle. It's Dingo and Wolverine here but if you want we can go get Crow." Hearing an enthusiastic Australian voice through the radio causes me to smile a bit before responding. "If you wouldn't mind, could you grab Crow? I need to talk to her." Hearing the sound of two chairs scraping across the floor, I face Phantom who is staring at me with a raised eyebrow. "Wasn't aware that you'd ran into them, nice people." Raising an eyebrow at him, I turn the chair to properly face him. "You know them?" Returning a nod, the Irish man sighs while leaning forward in his chair to give me a serious look. "Hell yeah I know them, I founded them. Crow was my second in command but she didn't like how I ran things, handed me over to the White Masks the first chance she got and told everyone some bullshit story that I was killed during a stealth op." He isn't being serious, is he? That sweet German woman who took care of me and pretty much saved my life traded over one of my friends so she could take control? "Did you not try to find them once you escaped?" He sighs while leaning back in his chair and placing his phone back in his pocket. "I tried, they changed their frequency completely and ditched our old hideout, I had no idea if they even existed anymore." Before I had a chance to respond, I hear footsteps through the speaker to signal that one of the two brothers has returned. "Hey, Eagle? Crow's gone, left some note saying that she'd gone to her true brothers. You know anything about that?" Phantom grabs the microphone with a panicked look and frantically presses the transmit button. "Dingo, it's Raven. Get everyone out of there, now! Crow's working with the White Masks and she's probably coming to take you guys out as we speak, get your asses to Hereford!" The radio goes silent before we hear an alarm blaring from the speakers on their end, signalling that Dingo started a base-wide evacuation. "Raven, I thought you were dead! How are you- nevermind, you can explain when we get there. See you in a few hours!" The radio goes silent and is then followed by static, Dingo destroyed their radio. Phantom locks eyes with me and the two of us stand up and begin walking towards Six's office to tell her what just happened. 

The team is assembled, shit is about to get real.