Chapter 14: Food Heist

1 AM Briefing Room (Your POV)

I look around the room and only see maybe 8 operators at the most. Dokkaebi, Valkyrie, Ash, IQ, Twitch, Frost, Thermite and Echo were all talking until I cleared my throat and gaining their attention while bringing up a projector image of the base. "Ok, you all know why we're here. We're here because we're tired of the Russian guys, Rook, Montagne and the other two FBI guys always hiding their own personal stashes of food from the outside world. That ends today, we're going to the cafeteria and we're going to find their stashes and make them pay." Most people grinned at me as Thermite rose his hand. "Yes, Jordan?" He lowers his hand but stands out of his seat and begins walking over to the projector and stops next to me. "I have an idea for revenge, we eat all of it on camera then we send it to each and every one of them. It'll show them that we won't show mercy to their food. Anyone who's with me, raise your hand now." Everyone except IQ raises their hand, causing people to look over at her while she fidgets around in her seat. "Don't you think that's going a bit too far? I know we haven't had any food from outside the base in over 2 months but that's just going a bit far." I sigh and stand behind IQ's chair while placing my hands on her shoulders, causing her to let out a small squeak. "Monika, if you help out I'll be really impressed. Actually, why not turn it into a wager? The person, yes it can be the weeb or pyromaniac too, but the person who eats the most food without vomiting gets to spend an entire day with yours truly. That sound good?" Everyone nods at me before Echo and Thermite begin to protest at what I'd called them, they're just arguing because they know that I'm right. I walk back over to the screen and begin marking certain points with a big red X to show where the stashes are. "There are 4 stashes in total. The Russians have all of theirs together and just place sticky notes on their own items, Rook and Monty have separate ones and Pulse and Castle just share theirs. The Russians are bound to have quite a haul and most of it will probably be booze related, who thinks they can handle their stash?" Thermite, Ash, Valkyrie and Frost raise their hands with determined looks on their faces. "Good, now who's going after Rook's and Monty's?" Twitch and IQ raise their hands as they look at each other. "Monika will take Julien's and I'll take Gilles'." I nod at them and look between Dokkaebi and Echo. "Looks like you two get to try American food. Spoiler alert, it's all grease." Echo's shoulders slump down in frustration while Dokkaebi rests her head on the table. "This is America." A few of us let out small laughs before everyone looked at me as I turned off the projector. "Let's get going." 

10 Minutes Later 

As I'm leaning against the wall with my phone in my hand, which I'm using as a timer for my friends to eat as much as they can within 5 minutes, I can hear footsteps down the corridor followed by the doors next to me opening, revealing Six. I stop the timer and everyone looks up and their eyes widen once they see her. "Care to explain what's going on here?" Everyone swallows their food and begin talking at the same time, Six raises a hand and all of them become silent at once as she turns to face me. "People keep hoarding food from the outside so we decided to take care of the problem. It's a bit unfair that we went out of our way and bought pretty much an entire month's pay for outside food for everyone, and then people are hoarding their own personal stash. We'll pay them the money they spent on it though, we're not that heartless." Six sighs before turning and walking out with a wave. "Have fun, try not to get too sick." As she says that, Dokkaebi lets out a large burp before laying her head on the table while groaning. I resume the timer as everyone begins eating. After 3 minutes, I stop the timer and allow everyone to finish the food currently in their mouth while walking over to inspect their pile of wrappers, writing down the weight that they'd eaten in total. After another minute, there was a clear winner. "Ok, in last place we have Masaru, 7th is Grace, 6th is Tina, 5th is Emmanuelle, 4th is Eliza, 3rd is Jordan, 2nd is Meghan and 1st is Monika. I'd like to say that it was a close victory but in all honesty, she ate much more than Meghan." Next to me, I could hear Valkyrie grumbling. "I need to watch how much I eat, it all goes straight to my ass otherwise." Some of the other female operators looked at Valkyrie's rear with looks of loathing and envy as they attempted to look at their own, Ash tipping her chair back and falling off in the process. I help her up while she's still pouting and then gently pat her head, causing her to give me a confused look. "Big asses aren't everything you know, guys do tend to go for a girl with a good personality. " Ash sighs as she sits back down again while Thermite begins to send off the videos to the owners of our latest meal.  All of us exchange our goodbyes as we walk our separate ways down the hallways, Frost jogs up to me and walks along in silence. "Tina, what's going on? Are you upset that you didn't win?" She looks up at me sadly while nodding. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and pull her a bit closer to me, causing her to blush a bit while looking at me. "Well, why don't we do something over the weekend? I'm obviously spending today with Monika but then I should be free the next two days." She hugs my side as we come to a stop in front of her dorm. "Sweet, so it's a date then?" She covers her mouth after saying that and begins blushing while fidgeting, causing me to let out a small laugh. "You know what? Sure, it can be a date if you want." She looks up at me with a big smile before hugging me one last time. As I'm walking back to my dorm I can only begin to wonder: What's IQ got in store for me today?