I am 18 years old and bisexual

Being bisexual for me just means that I have the freedom to fall in love with another human being. Whether it be a male or female.

For the past year I had been wondering if I was bisexual. One day it became clear to me. I realized that I had fallen in love with another woman.

I had spent my whole life being attracted to men. And I thought that was the only way for me.

It was hard for me to realize my feelings towards other women when I still felt attracted to men. But I knew what I felt in my heart. And my heart does not lie. Anyway, I know from experience that it is still not easy being a teenager and being bisexual or gay. The fear of not being accepted by your friends or family and society itself can be really scary. But knowing when you are truly happy can help calm your fears.

I was always questioning myself and I was scared and wanted to deny any feelings
I had for women. Even though I knew that being gay, lesbian, or bisexual was completely normal, it was still hard for me.

I think for me the hardest thing yet is still getting up enough courage to tell my mom. Maybe one day I will have the courage to tell her and have her meet my girlfriend.

Anonymous, 18