The first time I had sex

The first time I had sex was an amazing experience.

My boyfriend and I had talked a couple times about having sex.

We both seemed eager, but we both agreed to wait until the time came, whenever it felt right for both of us. We had been going out for about two or three weeks and we’d known each other pretty well before.

In our first week dating, he told me one night that he loved me. I was surprised, but I loved him too and
I told him. We spent lots of time together in the next couple of weeks. We fell completely in love with each other. Then after spending the day with him and a couple of friends, he and I were lying on my bed kissing. I kept thinking about having sex with him.

I knew this was the right time, and before I could say anything, he said that he loved me and asked if we could have sex.

I was completely into it—I was relaxed, we were using a condom, and I knew the person I was with was the right person.

Afterwards we held each other and I felt so good about it and it hadn’t even hurt.

My boyfriend and I continued to have a meaningful and very fun sex life for the next five months.

Even though we broke up and we never speak or even look at each other anymore, and I’ve had sex with different people since him, I’m glad he was my first. I don’t regret it and I’ll always remember it.

Anonymous, 17